EPIP is Hiring!
As highlighted in my recent blog, EPIP is embarking on a period of expansion to become a lasting home for emerging practitioners in philanthropy to connect and develop critical inclusive leadership skills to drive change in our sector.
I’m happy to announce that, as the next step in EPIP’s ongoing expansion, we are launching a search for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO)! This CFO will play a pivotal role in the organization’s growth and long-term sustainability efforts with a specific focus on driving EPIP’s finance and accounting, operations, and human resource strategies through a racial justice lens. As EPIP becomes a 501c3, a resourceful and adaptable leader committed to social justice with strong financial, operational, and nonprofit human resource experience is necessary to advance EPIP's business model in alignment with our values and fiscal integrity. This is an exciting opportunity for a leader interested in taking a non-traditional, equity-forward approach to non-profit finance and operations.
Click here to learn more about this CFO role and share this opportunity with your networks! Interested candidates should apply online by September 9, 2022!
EPIP has retained the services of McNeil Creative Enterprises (MCE) to assist with the recruiting process. Please send any questions about this opportunity to [email protected].
We look forward to this search process and finding the next member of our growing team!
People of Color Network Gathering - Aug. 3
On August 3, at 3:00 p.m. EST join EPIP's People of Color Network for 90 minutes devoted to managing stress and finding small opportunities for healing while striving for an elusive "work/life balance". Click here to register.
Emerging Women of Color Gathering - Sept. 7
Be on the lookout next month to register for EPIP's next Emerging Women of Color in Philanthropy gathering. This group will convene virtually on September 7 at 3:00 pm ET. Click here to learn more about this community of practice.
Save the Dates: Philanthropology™ Fall 2022 Cohort!
EPIP's next Philanthropology™ cohort will launch this fall! Philanthropology™ is EPIP's signature curriculum that includes academic and practitioner perspectives in an in-depth critical study of philanthropy from a social justice lens. This curriculum was created for and informed by the next generation of inclusive grantmakers.
The fall cohort meetings are scheduled for Oct. 13, Oct. 27, and Nov. 10. Each session will go from 12:00 - 3:00 pm CST. Sign up here to learn more and receive updates when registration launches!
Shout-out to Linetta Gilbert - A Trailblazer in Philanthropy!
Linetta Gilbert played an integral role in helping EPIP grow from its early days to where we are today. Linetta is a barrier breaker, way maker and visionary! She is a founding Trustee for Foundation for Louisiana and an ABFE James Joseph Lecturer. As one of the most respected leaders in the philanthropic sector, Linetta served in senior leadership and executive roles at Ford Foundation and Greater New Orleans Foundation. In the wake of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, she helped guide philanthropic investments to rebuild infrastructure and increase capacity in government, resident leadership, non-profit organizations, and the business community to transition the region from recovery to transformation. In the course of her tenure at Ford Foundation, Linetta moved $1 billion to strengthen community-based philanthropic organizations and BIPOC-led organizations. Learn more about Linetta and other trailblazers in the Voice. Vision. Value. Black Women Leading Philanthropy #TrailblazerTuesday series.
Chapter News & Events
Keep an eye on our events page for opportunities to connect with your local and national philanthropic community!
EPIP Chicago | Philanthropology™ Follow-Up Discussion - Aug. 4
Still thinking about conversations from EPIP’s Winter 2022 Philanthropology™ series? Join EPIP’s Chicago chapter on August 4, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. CT to continue the dialogue around intersectionality, movement building, grantmaking with an equity lens, strategies for self-advocacy, and more! Didn’t make the last cohort? That’s OK, this event is open to all! Click here to register.
EPIP CO | Liberating Structures Workshop - Aug. 24
August 24, from 9:00-11:00 a.m. MT, join EPIP Colorado for a Liberating Structures Workshop. This interactive skill-building session will provide an overview of the Liberating Structures suite of facilitation tools, and an opportunity to try out some of the approaches. Click here to register.
The Latest in Philanthropy
Public Service Loan Forgiveness Webinar - Aug. 2
Many philanthropic professionals will erase their student debt this year: Can you? Join the Human Services Council and Nonprofit New York on August 2 at 2:00 pm ET to learn about the Public Loan Service Forgiveness Waiver, a special program waiver available until October 2022. All government and nonprofit staff are eligible! Click here to register for this webinar. Check out the PSLF.nyc Campaign to learn more and access additional support navigating this program.
Future of the Social Sector Series - Aug. 3
Join Arabella Advisors on August 3 at 1:30 pm ET for the next event in the Future of the Social Sector series exploring how philanthropy must adapt to an era of crises. This virtual convening, "Strengthening the Social Fabric: Can the Social Sector Help Restore Trust?" will feature Jeanné Lewis, interim CEO at Faith in Public Life, and Kara Inae Carlisle, vice president of programs at the McKnight Foundation. The conversation will be moderated by Loren McArthur, senior director at Arabella Advisors. Click here to register.
As Goes the South: An Opportunity for Justice that Philanthropy Can't Miss - Aug. 17
August 17 at 1:00 p.m. ET, join The Funders Network PLACES Fellowship for a discussion on opportunities to advance justice through philanthropy in the U.S. South. This session will engage leaders from various philanthropic entities to share their perspectives on key opportunities; build momentum to secure victories across some of the most pressing issues facing our country; and offer a space to build connections across geographies. All funders and PLACES alumni are welcome. Click here to learn more and register today!
Neighborhood Funders Group Midterm Election Series - Sept. 28
Join Heartland Fund and NFG's Midwest Organizing Infrastructure Funders and Integrated Rural Strategies Group for the next session in their webinar series on rural civic engagement. This series aims to educate funders on civic engagement investment strategies going into the 2022 midterm elections through exploring shifting demographics, redistricting, and voter access, including a focus on rural and Midwest communities. On September 28 at 12:00 pm CST this group will cover, “Winning Jobs Narrative: Civic Engagement using a framework for working peoples across race and place.” Click here to register.
Exponent Philanthropy Annual Conference - Oct. 10-12
Join Exponent Philanthropy in Minneapolis on October 10-12 for their 2022 annual conference! From Legal Basics for Foundations to exploring the Rising Generation of Funders, this year's sessions aim to pack each day with connections, inspiring stories, & practical takeaways. Click here to learn more and register today!
What We’re Reading & Listening to
- This Racial Equity Decision-Making Tool (REDT) can assist with using a racial equity analysis in decisions and/or responding to an issue. There are several tools listed at the end with different questions and frameworks to explore.
- This Exponent Philanthropy blog, “Is There an Ideal Career Path To Working at a Small Foundation?” highlights hiring trends and skills needed at these organizations.
- In this Heising-Simons Foundation Q & A with Mariame Kaba, learn how philanthropy can adopt a transformative justice approach.
- “Digital Detox: How to switch off in a 24/7 world,” connects internet addiction to depression, burnout and mental health issues in workplaces, and offers tips to help employees unplug.
- This, "Liberating Leadership Transition Case Study," highlights a partnership between NPAG and the LeadersTrust that highlights how to center equity in transition processes.
- The Bridgespan Group’s Dreaming in Color Podcast highlights new narratives in leadership centering stories from leaders of color!
- This article from the Stanford Social Innovation review highlights, “What Everyone Can Learn From Leaders of Color.”
- This article, “In Solidarity with Highland Park,” offers ways philanthropy can support individual victims, families and the community directly impacted by the shooting that occurred on July 4.
- In this piece, “Roe vs Wade, and a wake-up call to progressive funders everywhere,” Nonprofit AF offers actions funders can take to support equity and justice in this time.
- This article offers tips to safely support pro-choice organizations, communities, and privacy in a post Roe v. Wade world.
Have something new on your reading list or a resource you'd like to share with the EPIP community? Let us know at [email protected] and we may include it in a future newsletter.
Looking for a new opportunity?
The positions below are just the beginning. Check our Job Board for more opportunities from around the country:
- Development Coordinator, Institution Development Kids in Need of Defense (KIND) - Remote
- Summer Venture Associate, Hispanics In Philanthropy - Remote (Chicago, Oakland, New York City, Washington, D.C. preferred)
- Director of Membership and Development, Grantmakers for Effective Organizations - Washington DC
- Grants Manager, Meyer Foundation - Washington, DC
- Program Associate, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation - Princeton, NJ
- Grants Assistant, Howard Gilman Foundation - New York City
- Program Associate, Donor Philanthropic Initiatives & President’s Fund, Wellspring Philanthropic Fund - New York, NY
- Manager, Grants and Partnerships, bi3 - Cincinnati, OH
- Philanthropic Services Assistant, San Francisco Foundation - San Francisco
- Program Associate, Climate & Clean Energy, Heising-Simons Foundation - San Francisco Bay Area
- Associate Communications Officer, The Colorado Health Foundation - Denver, CO
- Associate Director, Managed Organizations, Arabella Advisors - Durham, NC
Log in to your member account or join EPIP today to explore more opportunities on our Job Board using filters and special features!
Join Our Community
Join EPIP as an individual or institutional member!
Missed last month's newsletter? You can now access our newsletters on our website!
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with