Become A Member
Join a community of changemakers working to build a more just, equitable and sustainable world.
*Connect with practitioners like you locally and around the country*
*Gain skills to help you advance in your career*
*Advance change you believe in, at work and beyond*
Section 1 Left
$200+ Discount to EPIP National Conference
Scholarship Eligibility for EPIP National Events
Complimentary/Discounted Attendance to EPIP Chapter Events
Complimentary Attendance to EPIP Wednesday Webinars
Leadership Development Benefits
Host EPIP Webinars
Post Blogs to EPIP Website
Facilitate Conference Workshops
Receive Discounted Rates for Career Coaching
Gain Access to Volunteer Opportunities
Access a National Network of Change Makers
Get Involved in the Broader Field through our Partnerships
Exclusive Access to EPIP Online Community “MEMBER CONNECT”
Section 1 Right
Why Join Us?
We develop and deliver unique and valuable programming that builds the leadership skills and knowledge base of emerging foundation professionals. We provide formal and informal career coaching, professional development, and other boosters for your career. We connect you with other EPIP members working across the field of philanthropy and nonprofits. We dissolve the boundaries that can make it difficult to start careers in philanthropy and grow within them.
OUR NEW STRATEGIC FRAMEWORK
For over fifteen years, EPIP has been a place for emerging leaders to learn, grow and advance.
Today, the needs of our members and the times we live in call upon us to elevate our vision.
Our new strategic framework does just that.
Through this new framework, we will:
Professional and Leadership Development
Develop Whole Leaders
We will deepen our work to develop our members not just as skilled professionals, but also as whole people and complete change agents.
Advocacy and Influence
Advocate and Innovate
We will promote innovation and effective practices -- and when necessary speak hard truths -- to support the success of our members and other diverse changemakers
Lead for Equity
We will work as part of a broader movement to advance equity in and through philanthropy
The EPIP Blog
Posted on September 23, 2020
The EPIP LA Chapter is now recruiting Steering Committee members. Below are more details about responsibilities, opportunities, and how to apply. The role of the Steering Committee is to provide leadership among philanthropic practitioners in the Los Angeles community by providing innovative programming, networking, and professional development opportunities. In line with EPIP LA’s mission, the Steering Committee aims to empower emerging leaders and elevate philanthropic practice in order to build a more just, equitable and sustainable world.
Applications are due by Friday, October 18, 2019. If you're interested in building your leadership skills and engaging with the EPIP community in a deeper way, please submit an application online.
Posted on September 21, 2020
Last Fall, you shared your thoughts with us and helped us plan 2020. Unfortunately, the 2020 we planned for, is not the 2020 we experienced.
This is a new world, and we want to make sure that the programs and resources available are responsible and relevant. Please take a moment or two and lend your voice again. Help us plan (as much as we can in this changing environment) for 2021!
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on September 01, 2020
We celebrated Black Philanthropy Month with words of wisdom from Black leaders in the sector (and a few thoughts on what philanthropy can learn from Black giving)...
- Leaders from around the sector, including EPIP ED Storme Gray, shared their perspectives on Black women's leadership in philanthropy in a Radical Generosity: Black Women in Philanthropy Twitter Chat.
- Andrea Caupain Sanderson, Michelle Merriweather, Angela Jones, and T’wina Nobles told The Seattle Times that “philanthropy is long overdue for a healthy dose of Blackness” and share how they are bringing a new model of Black philanthropy to the Seattle area.
- Nikki Kirk suggested “a values shift” and “an investment in leaders” as a way to support Black artists and communities on the Grantmakers in the Arts blog.
- Toya Randall, Curator and Catalyst for Voice. Vision. Value. Black Women Leading Philanthropy, a new digital narrative project housed at Foundation for Louisiana, introduced the project with these words: "We use our voices in spaces of power to center the lived experiences of Black people. We do this in furtherance of our vision for justice."
...thought back on the 30th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act in July, and looked at how leaders and communities are (or are not) encouraged and supported.
Posted on August 19, 2020
Looking to learn or build community? EPIP chapters across the country are hosting conversations, social events, happy hours, community check-ins and more!
Coming up in August (all times local as noted):
- Wednesday, August 19th, at 4:00 PM Pacific: EPIP Seattle Rant & Refresh - Join EPIP Seattle's monthly virtual happy hour to chat about philanthropy and, this month, about how you want the chapter to engage for the remainder of the year. BYOBackground!
- Thursday, August 20th, at 12:00 PM Central: Lunch with Minnesota Philanthrofolk - Join EPIP Minnesota for informal conversation and networking over lunch. All are welcome!
- Thursday, August 27th, at 11:00 AM Pacific: Let's Talk Democracy: Exploring the election and what you can do now! - Join EPIP Bay Area for a virtual panel on Thursday, August 27, 2020 from 11 am-12 pm. Emily Thielmann, Program Director of the Democracy Funders Network and Carla Bernal, Program Associate on the Hewlett Foundation's US Democracy team will discuss what they are learning from their work on the 2020 election and how everyone can be a part of building and inclusive and equitable democracy.
- Thursday, August 27th, at 5:30 PM Eastern: Summer Jam 2020 (EPIP NY) - All chapters and EPIPpers welcome for an EPIP New York Summer Jam featuring DJ Prototype and DJ Tony Tantrum. Escape for an hour or so with good music and community!
- Friday, August 28th, at 5:00 PM Eastern: EPIP Philly Virtual Happy Hour - Join EPIP Philly for their bi-weekly space for joy, connection, and sharing your thoughts on all things philanthropy.
Plus, Sankofa Summer continues, EPIP is hiring a Director of Programs, and there are new opportunities to support devastated Iowa communities and Black women in leading philanthropy!