The New York Women’s Foundation® (NYWF®) is seeking a highly experienced leader and manager to join its senior team as the Vice President (VP) of Programs & Strategic Learning. The Vice President (VP), Programs & Strategic Learning has overall strategic and operational responsibility for the Programs & Strategic Learning Departments.
The Vice President (VP), Programs & Strategic Learning is responsible for The Foundation’s programs, grant-making and strategic learning portfolios. Working in partnership with the CEO & President, the Vice President, Programs & Strategic Learning will support the efforts of a high achieving programs team to achieve The Foundation’s programmatic and strategic goals, oversee annual planning and direct the ongoing operations of the department including: the development of an annual plan, grant-making strategies, research and public policy; execution of strategic goals and reaching milestones by achieving solid results; orchestrating partnerships and managing partner relations; representing the CEO & President and supporting the engagement of Board, donors and volunteers in participatory grant-making activities and the work of programs in general. The VP, will be working closely with the other VP’s within The Foundation.
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Work or related field with a minimum of 10 years of experience and a track record of accomplishment in managing a complex portfolio, professional teams and volunteers.
- Extensive experience working with under privileged diverse communities.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, program design, budgeting, strategy development, communications and volunteer and Board relations.
- Strong project management skills and ability to achieve goals and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong supervisory/management skills with solid experience growing a team.
- Deep knowledge of community-based work in New York City, particularly around women, economic and gender-related issues.
- Strong facilitation and problem-solving skills and a proven ability to engage, authentically and productively with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, must be comfortable with public speaking and able to represent The Foundation.
- High energy and enthusiastic about The Foundation’s mission and passionate about women’s empowerment and issues related to women and girls.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office platforms (Word, PowerPoint, Excel); familiarity and willingness to learn Fluxx and other grant-making and donor applications and software and familiarity and willingness to learn work with statistical and analytic software.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and disseminating information.
- Demonstrated experience working in cross-functional leadership teams.
- Experience in Philanthropy not necessary.
The New York Women’s Foundation® is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Commensurate with experience
Please send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to:
The New York Women's Foundation
39 Broadway, 23rd Floor
New York, NY 10006
Attention: Human Resources
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE.