The Training Director will provide leadership to training and technical assistance activities both internally and externally. In collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Programs Officer, the Training Director will be responsible for assessing the training needs of the organization in order to create a training department, training programs and training best practices to attend to the needs in this area in relation to the issue GEMS advocates for.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide overall direction for strategic learning and development within the organization generally and to the Training and Technical Assistance Department specifically
- Create and develop all training materials including trainer guides; training video or audio; participant materials and evaluation systems
- The Training Director is responsible for the development of new and revision of existing curricula; needs assessments; and evaluation activities; and will work collaboratively with all partners to maintain and enhance quality and profile of T/TA products.
- Provide budgetary oversight to Training Department to ensure fiscal fidelity
- Supervise Training and Technical Assistance Manager(s), including creating opportunities for skill enhancement, training development and special projects as they arise
- Collaborate with management and subject matter experts within the organization to identify development needs of staff and develop appropriate training programs
- Develop a successful on-boarding process in collaboration with human resources to include a standardized new employee orientation process/presentation
- In collaboration with Senior Management, produce annual meeting for all staff to ensure understanding of agency mission and goals; connect mission and goals to everyday work; provide relevant information to staff; build staff cohesiveness and productivity
- Work collaboratively in the development of an organizational strategic plan
- Responsible for assessing and providing in house learning and development activities for staff.
- Manage the delivery of training and technical assistance to external partners in compliance with contracts ensuring that statutory training requirements are met
- Provide leadership to the evaluation of training and development activities including pre and post-evaluations and needs assessment; this may be done in collaboration with consultant
- Lead the production of new modules and/or training content
- Evaluate and modify existing curriculum modules to meet the needs of recipient organizations and changing nature of issue
- Provide follow-up technical assistance in person and remotely to recipient organizations
- Develop standardized protocols for T/TA provision to recipient organizations
- Serve as lead trainer/co-trainer to conduct on and off-site trainings
At least 3- 5 years of experience in the Director role
- At least 3-5 years of experience supervising staff
- Savvy with MS PowerPoint and any other presentation software
- Savvy with Webinar presentation
- Excellent customer service skills
- Remain up to date with developments in training profession and issues related to CSEC by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses
- Enhance self and agency understanding and use of e-learning process
- Engage external partners to create income generating training and technical assistance opportunities
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] and visit our website to learn more http://www.gems-girls.org
Please email on PDF or MS Word format a cover letter explaining why you would like to work at GEMS and how your experience and expertise will help us carry on with our mission; also send resume and salary requirement with Training Director in the subject line to our Operations Department [email protected] All applications must include a cover letter that is relevant to GEMS! WE WILL BE REVIEWING ONLY APPLICATIONS WITH SALARY REQUIREMENT AND A COVER LETTER INCLUDED. No phone calls please!
SURVIVORS AND WOMEN OF COLOR ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!