ABOUT THE NOVO FOUNDATION
The NoVo Foundation acts from the original meaning of philanthropy: the love of humanity.
Created in 2006 by Jennifer and Peter Buffett, NoVo is committed to advancing adolescent girls’ rights, ending violence against girls and women, advancing social and emotional learning, promoting local living economies, and supporting Indigenous communities.
We are a social justice foundation dedicated to catalyzing a transformation away from a world based on domination and exploitation, to one of partnership, collaboration, justice, and equity. We envision a world that operates on the principles of mutual respect, collaboration, and civic participation, thereby reversing the old paradigm predicated on hierarchy, violence, and the subordination of girls and women.
The scale of these ambitions guides our work with our grantee partners. Ours is both risk capital and patient capital; experimentation and new thinking are critical paths forward. Seeing the world as it is, and as it could be, inspires our shared work. Through all of our activities, we try to illuminate the possibility of a new paradigm, gather evidence of its existence, and establish pathways for its manifestation. We are humbled and honored to contribute to building a world based on compassion, justice, and love.
For further details about the mission and vision of the NoVo Foundation please visit www.novofoundation.org.
ABOUT THE ROLE - TECHNOLOGY ASSOCIATE
The Technology Associate will assist the Director of Business Application Technology in the day-to-day management of all aspects of IT, including network administration, audio/visual management, end-user support, user-training, and systems design. The Associate will work closely with staff, consultants and vendors to support our network of Mac computers as well as ongoing improvements to infrastructure, A/V, database and IT Systems. The Technology Associate will report directly to the Director of Business Application Technology and will act as her backup if she is unavailable.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Providing day-to-day support for the Foundation’s suite of applications, hardware, A/V equipment and VOIP phone system.
- Acting as “super user” of the NoVo relationship management database (Salesforce).
- Facilitating new employee onboarding (hardware setup, the creation of user accounts, training, etc.).
- Developing and delivering ongoing user training.
- Triaging support tickets (via Zendesk).
- Managing, configuring and maintaining the Foundation’s user directory using a single-sign-on provider, Okta.
- Managing and maintaining firewalls, wireless controller and access points using Cisco Meraki.
- Maintaining best practices for all Foundation systems security, including building security.
- Managing the procurement of new hardware including MacBooks, Mac accessories, A/V equipment, and phones for all office locations.
- Hands-on technical support in our new NYC office, which will open in Brooklyn in 2018, as well as acting as remote support for two other office locations.
- Planning and managing IT projects.
- Assisting in the full procurement lifecycle – research, development, and deployment of new features or applications.
- Researching new tools/applications; developing, testing and implementing solutions.
- Representing the Foundation at product user groups and conferences.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Mission-Alignment - Familiarity, passion, and a demonstrated commitment to NoVo Foundation’s mission and vision, a dedication to girls’ and women’s rights, including an explicit racial justice lens.
- Professional Experience - 3+ years of relevant professional experience with network admin experience and administering various cloud-based services.
- Expert proficiency with Mac computers.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 administration and support.
- Knowledge of systems development life cycle (SDLC) and software as a service (SaaS) solutions.
- Experience collaborating with external vendors and IT consultants.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A Tech Savvy Explorer – Embrace new technological tools. Discover new ways to improve inefficiencies.
- An Exceptional Project Manager – Plan according to timelines. Empower your team members to hit deadlines and keep projects on point.
- A Natural Detective – Dig into details. Uncover truths. Put together clues with your superb research and analysis skills and discover new insights.
- A Logistics Genius – Live in the details. Be multiple steps ahead. Anticipate hiccups and be well equipped to jump into action.
- A Detailed-Oriented Planner – You’re proactive about documenting plans that are well thought out and easily accessible to all stakeholders involved.
- An Active Listener & Trusted Communicator – Can easily connect with people, can quickly earn trust from your coworkers, and strive to ensure that all team members feel heard.
- Discrete – Practice discretion, have sound judgment and integrity, and the ability to maintain confidentiality as needed.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
Our hiring process, managed by ReWork recruiting firm, is designed to give candidates insight into the nature of the challenges that we face in our daily work and bring into focus the candidates that we have learned will be most successful in this role and at our organization. Here are the phases of our process:
Phase 1: Short, written exercises to assess technical knowledge & relevant experience - Early September
Phase 2: A Trial Project that will mimic the role and allow candidates to showcase their skills - Late September
Phase 3: Two 45-minute in-person interview with NoVo Leadership - Early October
Phase 4: A final full-team interview - Mid October
Phase 5: Our goal is to make offers soon after the final interview for a Late November start date in New York City.
We intentionally do not ask for a cover letter and do not truly consider resumes until Phase 3. This "bias blind" process is aimed at opening this opportunity to more candidates; reviewing applicants on performance assessments instead of resume proxies (e.g. where you went to school).
HOW WILL WE KNOW YOU’RE THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE ROLE?
If you want to learn more, please complete the simple initial application at:
Applications must be submitted by Thursday, September 7th. We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis so we encourage you to submit yours right away.