JFI is an applied research organization in the social sciences. We work to bring just and equitable research and policy from conception in theory to implementation in society. Our current active initiatives include applied research in higher education finance, guaranteed income, and digital ethics. We are a rapidly growing, young organization looking for candidates who are flexible, hard-working, and self-starting.
For details about our staff and current projects, see http://www.jainfamilyinstitute.org/.
The strategy associate will report to the COO and support him/her in carrying out projects across people operations, communications, technical operations, workplace operations, budgeting, events, JFI culture, and special projects. Specific tasks include:
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to organize operational to-dos, follow-ups, and to draft thoughtful correspondence
- Organize inspiring and informative All Hands meetings, annual company retreat, and an onboarding process to share important business information to the company as well as engage and boost team morale
- Support strategy execution by creating agendas, materials and logistics for external meetings, such as fundraising, client, or partner meetings
- Generate analytic and qualitative insights to track progress against goals, and flag projects or goals requiring resources and attention
- Collaborate with the communications team on design and development of presentations and speaking points for internal and external audiences across all project areas
- Strong interest in grants writing
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 2-3 years of work experience
- experience in strategy consulting, government, policy, or finance preferred
- interest in social science, research and in becoming a leader at an organization preferred
- Proven track record of working closely with VP+ level management, with an ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple projects successfully
- Ability to anticipate the needs of a busy COO and CEO
- Ability to dive into any area of the business or product, understand business needs, and facilitate executive decisions
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Ability to multitask, managing several high priority projects simultaneously
- Proactive and unafraid to ask questions or jump in – must thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong written communication skills and ability to distill and convey information in a compelling manner and use basic data and analytic skills to advance a work product, ability to see the "big picture" and to prioritize
- Executive presence
- Strong work ethic, disciplined execution skills, willingness to do whatever it takes to deliver results.
- Entrepreneurial, with a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity and bias for action
- Strong familiarity with Excel and Microsoft Office Suite (is this relevant) and project management software
- Confidentiality: as needed
Compensation and Benefits
- Full medical and dental insurance covered 100% by employer
- 401(k) with up to 4% employer match on a vesting schedule
- NYC Metro area transit unlimited MetroCard covered 100% by employer (or alternative transportation amounting to equivalent amount per month)
- Standard federal holidays and unlimited paid vacation
Those interested should send the following to [email protected]:
1) CV or resume with contact information,
2) a letter of interest.
Selected candidates will be invited to an in-person interview in our Manhattan office in February 2020.
Submit your materials at your earliest convenience, as submissions are considered on a rolling basis.