MADRE is an international women’s human rights organization that works towards a world in which all people enjoy the fullest range of individual and collective human rights; in which resources are shared equitably and sustainably; in which women participate effectively in all aspects of society; and in which people have a meaningful say in decisions that affect their lives.
MADRE seeks a skilled Special Projects and Executive Coordinator to support the work of the Executive Director. The ideal candidate will have a deep commitment to MADRE’s mission, the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks carefully and quickly, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage complex situations with sound judgment and discretion. The ideal candidate is responsible for providing executive support and serving as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Executive Director. The ideal candidate will also serve as a liaison to the Board of Directors and senior management teams; organize and coordinate events and external relations efforts; and oversee special projects.
The ideal individual will have strong written and verbal communication skills, administrative and organizational skills, the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters.
Assistant to Executive Director
- Coordinate meetings, manage calendar, logistics and execution of teleconference calls
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compile documents for travel-related meetings
- Manage key relationships for the Executive Director with accuracy and efficiency, including managing correspondence, follow ups to meetings, and related items
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director including: handling finances related to the Exec Dir; arranging and coordinating events, processing finances
- Offer technical assistance to Executive Director as needed, including trainings or capacity building around new systems and processes
- Responsible for answering phones, receiving guests and responding to general inquiries
Board Support and Liaison
- Provide operational and technical support to ensure smooth running of three Board meetings per year including advance distribution of materials
- Work closely with Executive Director to coordinate and advance all Board activities and to design and implement Board development strategy, including correspondence and identifying and researching prospective members
- Manage Board onboarding and build strong working relationships with all members to deepen Board engagement
- Coordinate all Board and Committee meetings, including a day-long Board strategic retreat, by developing agendas and meeting goals, supervising scheduling, preparing materials, and managing the day-of logistics
- Manage the progress of agenda items with the Board in between meetings, by scheduling calls, coordinating correspondence, and other related activities with the Board and Executive Director
- Serve as the Executive Director’s administrative liaison to Board of Directors
- Assist Board members as needed
Operational Support across Institution
- Support the Executive Director, Deputy Director, and other Director-level staff with specific operational projects, including the drafting of policies for the organization
- Other duties as assigned
- Support programmatic work, for example, by conducting research, coordinating travel, drafting short staff program reports and other duties as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of experience with executive support, relationship management, or related roles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including superior writing skills and the ability to effectively manage a variety of relationships
- Strong organizational skills with ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time and meet deadlines, and proven ability to work under pressure
- Expertise in the content of MADRE's work and familiarity with the International Women's Human Rights movement and its allies preferred
Salary range starts at $47,000 commensurate with skills and experience.
MADRE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. People of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex people, people with disabilities, and people of diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion.
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.