Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
PPFA seeks a dynamic and passionate Senior Philanthropy Officer who will report to the Director of Major Gifts. This position is responsible for managing all cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgement, recognition, and stewardship for a portfolio of both existing major donors and prospects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and enacts cultivation and solicitation strategies for a portfolio of prospects and donors with affinity for PPFA and capacity to make $25,000 and above investments in Planned Parenthood, with a particular focus on donors contributing $250,000 and above.
- Builds and manages network of relationships with prospective donors involving PPFA volunteer leaders and staff. Facilitates and coordinates all communication with these prospects and among the prospect’s PPFA relationships. Promotes positive relations with these prospects and donors.
- Interacts with internal contacts to consult on PPFA needs, to formulate strategies to promote prospect engagement with PPFA and to identify potential donors.
- Assists with the strategy for and creation of written communications from various PPFA leaders appropriate to a donor’s interests.
- Participates (often in concert with others) in gift solicitations to fund PPFA programs and to enhance the development efforts of PPFA.
- Travels (possibly extensively) commensurate with expectations for fundraising activity contact and travel.
- Performs additional development-related activities/efforts at the request of manager.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- At least 5 to 7 years of major gifts and/or direct donor relationship management experience. Candidates must have proven ability to close gifts of $25,000+ and experience securing gifts from prospects.
- Political fundraising experience and experience working in an affiliate structure is highly desired, but not required.
- Comfort in online fundraising toolsets and databases including Salesforce and/or Blackbaud.
- Outstanding oral, written, communication and presentation skills – including the ability to listen and target communication to specific interests of varied audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus additional related academic courses or professional training preferred
PERSONAL QUALITIES / OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- The ideal candidate will be an exceptional fundraiser – you come ready to take on and elevate a well-defined portfolio with emerging potential and know how to hit the ground running with the right tools and coaching.
- Experience qualifying and disqualifying prospects using research and instincts.
- Experience developing and executing sound donor strategies to secure major gift commitments.
- Strong organizational and project management skills –with the ability to manage multiple assignments and quickly changing priorities in a fast paced setting.
- Proven ability to build deep and lasting relationships with a variety of internal partners, with whom no direct line supervision exists, as well as external individuals, from donors to board members. Impeccable discretion above all else.
- Gravitas paired with the professional integrity and ambition to effectively represent and promote Planned Parenthood externally at the highest levels and internally as a surrogate for senior leadership.
- A motivated, unflappable team player with exceptional communication skills along with interpersonal savvy.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with