Next Street: Where teamwork and entrepreneurship meet
Next Street was founded in 2005 with the belief that small businesses are the engines of inclusive growth in underserved markets. Serving as trusted advisor to some of the country’s most dynamic organizations, Next Street revolutionizes how organizations provide capital, customers and services to small businesses and entrepreneurs. We create strategies and tools for public, private and social institutions to drive equitable small business growth in the communities across the US. Next Street directly serves hundreds of individual businesses every day through tailored small business development services and programs.
We look for professionals who aim to combine their diverse backgrounds and experiences with a passion for mission, offering our team members an unparalleled opportunity to work at the intersection of doing well and doing good. Next Street is a for-profit ‘business for good’ and a certified B Corporation with offices in New York City, Chicago, and Boston.
Next Street is looking for a high-performing Senior Analyst to play a key role in standing up its new Capital practice. This is a unique opportunity to partner with the head of the practice to build a book of business, establish processes and shape ways of working. This role is ideal for someone who is looking to grow in a dynamic and supportive environment, enjoys client services and is passionate about small business.
- Prepare complex financial models to analyze financing alternatives for various transactions
- Work with team members to develop deal related materials, including marketing materials and legal documentation
- Prepare pitch books for potential investors and presentations focused on client, company and industry analysis
- Perform business research, due diligence, portfolio analysis, and covenant / credit analysis
- Create client deliverables in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Develop and manage long-term relationships with clients and investors
- Support business development efforts to attract new clients and augment existing relationships
- Contribute to firm knowledge development, codification, and dissemination
We are looking for someone with
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance
- 2+ years work experience with a top-tier professional services firm (preferably an investment bank)
- Prior experience with and strong working knowledge of financial modeling
- Strong finance, math and reasoning skills
- Desire to build a business and an appetite to take entrepreneurial initiative
- Demonstrated capacity for collaboration and teamwork at all levels of tenure
- Commitment to develop one's personal leadership, in addition to cultivating one's abilities to lead work
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong desire to learn through work across industries
- Willingness to challenge and be challenged, regardless of seniority
- FINRA Series 63 and 7 a plus
Next Street is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Please apply on our website here.