Next Street: Where teamwork and entrepreneurship meet
Next Street was founded in 2005 with the belief that small businesses and nonprofits are the engines of inclusive growth in underserved markets. Serving as trusted advisor to some of the country’s most dynamic organizations, we are a mission-driven consulting firm bringing strategic and financial expertise to revitalize communities, grow businesses, and create jobs. Our work includes directly serving small businesses and nonprofits to help them grow, as well as advising public and private institutions at a systems level to drive sustainable and equitable development solutions in communities across the US.
We look for professionals who aim to combine their diverse backgrounds and experiences with a passion for mission, offering our team members an unparalleled opportunity to work at the intersection of doing well and doing good. Next Street is a for-profit ‘business for good’ and a certified B Corporation with offices in Boston, New York City, and Chicago.
NYC Business Solutions Centers
In partnership with the NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS), Next Street has operated NYC Business Solutions Centers since 2012. Each Center serves as a one-stop resource center for entrepreneurs and small business owners at various stages, from newly launched to established businesses. The Centers offer an array of free services such as courses, financing assistance, legal counseling, staff recruitment and training, and M/WBE certification. Each year the Centers serve on average over 3.500 businesses.
The NYC Business Solutions team is an extension of our Client Solutions division and plays a pivotal role in helping to establish Next Street’s presence and influence in New York City’s small business ecosystem. Through the Centers we deliver solutions to clients that advance organizations’ strategy, growth, capacity, and impact. The Centers work closely with our Firm’s leadership, general delivery, and corporate teams to ensure that the services delivered have a lasting impact.
Next Street is seeking a dynamic and entrepreneurial leader to serve as the Senior Account Manager of Next Street's NYC Business Solutions, Industrial Business Services Program for Manhattan. This is an exciting opportunity to manage all operations of the Program for Manhattan, including day-to-day management of the program, intake and assessment, service delivery, and business development.
The Senior Account Manager will be responsible for leading the Program towards its goals, and will report into Next Street’s Deputy Director for the NYC Business Solutions, Lower Manhattan Center.
- Deliver the NYC Business Solutions set services to industrial businesses to ensure the Manhattan IBS Program is regularly exceeding goals set by NYC Department of Small Business Services and Next Street leadership
- Engage a wide range of industrial businesses across Manhattan to understand their needs and make recommendations for the types of resources and services the City can provide this population of businesses to help them be successful
- Drive business development and marketing efforts to attract and retain clients and partners
- Collaborate across Next Street offices and communities of practice to ensure our client’s strategic, financial, and organizational needs are met and small development learnings are shared
- Use a relationship driven approach to maintaining long-term relationships with high potential, scaling industrial business clients
- Actively supporting and driving business development efforts
- Engage community-based organizations, community boards, Business Improvement Districts, and other relevant stakeholders in the interest of engaging industrial businesses and improving the access that they have to support services
- Attend morning, evening, and weekend events, as necessary, in the interest of strengthening partnerships and business development efforts
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years work experience working with entrepreneurs and industrial small business owners and deep understanding of and connections to the NYC industrial business landscape
- Strong ties to and knowledge of the industrial business community in Manhattan and City wide; particularly in the areas of garment manufacturing, transportation and logistics, and warehousing
- Experience analyzing business financials
- Solid understanding of the capital and incentive programs available to industrial businesses to help them access capital or lower the cost of doing business in New York City
- A desire to build a clear strategy and vision for a Program and an appetite to take entrepreneurial initiative
- A demonstrated capacity for collaboration and teamwork at all levels of tenure
- A commitment to develop one's personal leadership, in addition to cultivating one's abilities to lead others, the work, and the organization
- A proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify business development opportunities within client interactions, with a track record of cultivating new opportunities
- Superb writing and presentation skills and a high level of maturity and presence with clients
- A strong desire to continuously learn through work across industries, client segments, and communities of practice
- A willingness to challenge and be challenged, regardless of seniority
- A strong analytical and critical thinking skill set
Next Street is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.