The Finance Hub is a new initiative housed within the New Venture Fund (NVF), an incubator of innovative, impact oriented projects. The Finance Hub is focused on aligning financial markets with conservation – in particular using the power of mainstream financial markets (banking and investment) to help drive the food sector away from production practices that degrade natural ecosystems. [The Hub’s work is a component of the Gordon and Betty Moore’s Conservation and Financial Markets Initiative (CFMI), and as such is tightly aligned with the Foundation’s Forests and Agriculture Markets Initiative and Oceans and Seafood Markets Initiative.]
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for administrative support and for coordinating work across the CFMI collaborative – which involves working with a number of non-profit organizations and consultants, all working together to advance the initiative’s goals. The coordination function will include tracking deliverables and helping to ensure that collaborators maintain an agreed upon cadence of communication about their work. This role offers a unique opportunity for a motivated individual looking to gain experience in the fields of sustainable finance, sustainable development and philanthropy. This position is exempt for overtime purposes.
Administrative responsibilities (60%):
- Provide administrative support to the Managing Director, including: establishing administrative systems for small office, supporting scheduling (calls, meetings, travel), expenses, IT support, facilities issues
- Coordinate meetings and events such as quarterly Operating Committee meetings, coordination among partners and briefings: scheduling, planning, logistics, communications, IT support
- Information management (electronic filing, database)
- Budget: assist in tracking and manage subscription and service payments
- Support administrative interface with NVF, the project’s fiscal sponsor and host organization
- All employees of New Venture Fund must submit timesheets
Program activity (40%):
- Manage shared files, including updates
- Manage written and verbal responses to basic inquiries about the work of the Finance Hub
- Support grant making program (ensure all required documents are submitted by grantee;
assist in preparing reports to funders, etc.)
- Initiate targeted research as outlined by Managing Director
- Support a collegial and team-oriented work environment including fostering productive working relationships across CFMI funders, NVF, and grantees.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 2-3 years of professional experience
- Experience providing administrative support to a director-level office is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated interest in environmental and social issues and sustainable development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal
- Open communication style; sense of humor
- Ability to work in a dynamic “start-up” environment
- Ability to work autonomously – small office with many virtual colleagues
- Ability to cultivate and maintain effective relationships with funders, grantees, consultants, and other stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications, particularly Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
Reporting: The Program Coordinator will report to the Managing Director
Location: New York City
Compensation: Competitive with full benefits including medical, life, and disability insurance; 401(k); and pre-tax commuter benefits.
Send C.V. with cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, and salary requirements to email@example.com by September 15, 2018 No inquiries apart from the submission please.
Include “The Finance Hub: Program Coordinator Role” in the subject line.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Finance Hub is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.