We are looking for a Programme Manager to join our North American team. The Programme Manager is responsible for developing and managing regional programmes within the portfolio of criminal justice reform and migration. The position reports to the Regional Director for North America and works together closely with the North American team as well as colleagues in other offices.
- Identifies opportunities for innovative regional, global and cross-regional programmes and clearly articulates the expected outcomes.
- Carries out mappings of key stakeholders and context analyses in support of developing new programmes regionally and within portfolio structure.
- Develops programmes that aim for systemic and lasting changes in alignment with portfolio managers and leads the implementation of these programmes, including ensuring adherence to the corresponding processes at programme- and grant level.
- Manages strategic partnerships and engages in strategic dialogue on emerging and critical issues.
- Convenes programme partners and other key stakeholders, exercises leadership with peer funders and partners.
- Develops knowledge in portfolio area(s) and builds expert network.
- Evaluates programme impact, shares result internally and externally and applies learning.
- Contributes to interregional engagement and collaboration by actively supporting Porticus as a Learning Organisation, by sharing knowledge and experiences with various teams.
Experience and skills
- A master’s degree and/or 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience or working knowledge of criminal or juvenile justice, or other justice areas (migration)
- Strong analytical skills and fast learner
- Ability to manage work on multiple projects
- Ability to work independently and in a team, within an international environment
- Strong affinity with philanthropy, grant making, charities/NGO’s
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, fluency in English (and Spanish is an advantage)
- Experience in Salesforce and Office 365 helpful but not required
At Porticus, we’re working towards a just and sustainable future where human dignity can flourish. Through our partnerships in education, society, faith and climate we enable changemakers to create societies and systems that work for everyone.
We strive to understand the complexities of the systems we seek to change, assessing where we can make the most impact and engaging the skills and knowledge of broad coalitions of local and global partners to tackle the root causes of problems.
Porticus professionals develop and manage grants and programmes in more than 90 countries. Lasting solutions aren’t achieved quickly or lightly, but we believe that together we can make a fairer, more sustainable world a reality.
- If this role matches with your experience, please apply by uploading your CV and cover letter through our website before March 6th: https://www.porticus.com/en/careers/
- The position is full-time and based in our regional office in New York, NY.
- Domestic and occasional international travel is necessary.
- An (online) assessment can be part of the recruitment process.
- Reference checks are part of the final hiring procedure.
- People with diverse backgrounds, including those with lived experience, are encouraged to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.