About Propel Capital
Propel Capital invests in bold innovators creating a just and equitable future. Through creative uses of capital, we strive to build more inclusive economies, expand progressive electoral power, and reform the criminal justice system. Our partners are changemakers and purpose-driven social enterprises with the potential to transform the world. To learn more about Propel Capital visit propelcapital.org.
About the Position
The Program & Operations Assistant is integral to the Propel Capital team, playing a vital role in the organization’s efficiency and effectiveness. The three key areas of responsibility are:
- Supporting the CEO through various executive administrative duties, including managing the CEO’s schedule, travel arrangements, and expenses.
- Supporting the Portfolio Director through various operational, grants management and finance duties.
- Supporting the team by managing the office and master calendar and contributing to special projects involving communications, research, and meeting/event planning.
The job will include a wide range of tasks, large and small. Attention to administrative detail and effective “managing up” are a must to working with our highly collaborative, fun, and mission-focused team. Experience in impact investing and philanthropy are not required for this position, but we are seeking candidates with curiosity about these sectors, a strong sense of mission, and the ability to see even the smallest tasks as part of the overall impact and success of Propel.
Executive and Administrative Support
The Program & Operations Assistant will work closely with the CEO to execute key administrative tasks.
- Manage the CEO’s calendar, including scheduling meetings and booking travel arrangements.
- Provide administrative support for the CEO, including processing receipts and expenses, managing Expensify account and contact list, and following-up on meetings.
Office and Financial Management
The Program & Operations Assistant will be responsible for the day-to-day smooth functioning of the office.
- Ensure accurate internal data management and effective organizational systems.
- Manage bill payments and expense reimbursements and coordinate with the bookkeeper to reconcile accounts.
- Order supplies and maintain the office.
The Program & Operations Assistant will be responsible for tracking the lifecycle of grant inquiries, proposals, and awards.
- Provide timely responses to inquiries from grantees, grantseekers, and other partners about grant proposals, reports, meetings and other matters.
- Prepare grant award letters and payments.
- Maintain a thorough and orderly system for tracking potential and awarded grant information.
The Program & Operations Assistant will be responsible for maintaining software and technology services.
- Maintain the website (Squarespace) including updating content as necessary.
- Manage software, including Microsoft Office, DropBox, and G Suite.
- Troubleshoot as necessary.
Other possible opportunities and cross-team support
- Manage Propel’s social media accounts.
- Draft talking points and contribute to external communications.
- Conduct research and draft memos on potential partners and key issues.
- Participate in organizational planning and events.
The successful candidate will be detail-oriented and personable, combining strong interpersonal skills with a love of well-organized systems. Prior experience working in an administrative or operations capacity is required, as is a strong interest in or desire to learn about impacting investing and philanthropy. Additional requirements are as follows:
- Excellent oral and written communication with a style that builds and maintains relationships.
- Exceptional organizational skills – able to juggle multiple projects, timelines, and inquiries.
- Professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to “manage up”.
- Willingness to solve problems, take initiative, and take ownership of high priority tasks and projects.
- High level of personal responsibility, integrity, trust and accountability.
- Operating style suited to working in a small-office setting where flexibility, sense of humor, and resourcefulness are highly valued.
- Experience with project management and the Microsoft and Google suite of products.
- Knowledge of Squarespace and/or QuickBooks (a plus).
What to Expect From Us
- Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience. The position could be configured as part time and candidates seeking part-time work of 24 hours or more should apply.
- A highly engaged team with a sense of justice and a sense of humor.
- A low-ego, high-performance culture and flexible work environment.
- The opportunity to engage with partners across the Propel portfolio and gain exposure to leading practitioners in impact investing and philanthropy.
- Email resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Program & Operations Assistant” in the subject line.
- Successful candidates will be contacted for an initial phone interview. Please allow up to two weeks to be contacted. We regret that we are not in a position to personally respond to all applicants.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Propel Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building the leadership of people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ people, and women. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.