Reporting to the Director, Programs and working as an integral member of the programs team, the Program Officer demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the issues, challenges, strategies and approaches to advancing women’s economic security and justice, particularly in New York City. The Program Officer works to develop and implement The Foundations’ grantmaking, relationship management, capacity building and thought leadership activities that support and promote community-based organizations seeing individual transformation as well as systemic change to achieve sustained economic security for women and girls in New York City.
The Program Officer assists with all aspects of the Foundation’s programmatic work, including but not limited to:
- Coordination and management of The Foundation’s participatory grantmaking process.
- Conducting information sessions for grant seeking organizations.
- Responds to grantmaking and other programming inquiries.
Grantee Partner Relationship Management:
- Manages communication with assigned grantee partners.
- Reviews mid-year and year-end evaluations.
- Support grantee partner capacity building grantmaking program, including the application process, application review, evaluating project reports and staffing workshops/trainings.
- Facilitating grantee partner orientation and grantee partner convenings.
Assists in supporting or managing Foundation activities and events including but not limited to:
- Grantee partner Reception
- Celebrating Women Breakfast
- Public Education
Other Duties and projects as assigned
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum B. A. plus four to six years work experience in nonprofit and/or philanthropic institutions; M.A. preferred.
- Knowledge of issues and challenges facing women and girls as well as of strategies that contribute to advancing economic security and justice for women and girls in New York City.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Highly organized, professional and meticulous with detail and protocol.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Fluxx a plus.
The New York Women’s Foundation® is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Commensurate with experience
Please send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to:
Or via mail to:
The New York Women's Foundation
Attention: Human Resources
39 Broadway, 23rd Floor
New York, NY 10006
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE.