Reporting to the Director, Programs and working as an integral member of the programs team, the Program Officer is responsible for managing a portfolio of grants across focus areas of economic security; anti-violence/safety; and health, sexual rights and reproductive justice. The Program Officer works closely with the programs team around all grantmaking functions and holds active relationships with grantee partners to achieve economic security for women and girls in New York City.
The Program Officer assists with all aspects of the Foundation’s programmatic work, including but not limited to:
- Draft Requests for Proposals
- Prepare and guide Grants Advisory Committee in their participatory role
- Conduct site visits
- Work with Strategic Learning team around grantee learning and reports
- Actively manage grantee partner relationship
- Support grantee partner capacity building, working in partnership with programs team for capacity building grantmaking program, including application process, application review and evaluating capacity building progress
Thought Leadership, including but not limited to:
- Develop and implement annual forums, conferences and convenings to highlight critical socio-economic challenges facing NYC women, girls, families and communities as well as innovative, sustainable and strategic responses to these challenges.
Other Duties and projects as assigned
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum B. A. plus four years work experience in nonprofit and/or philanthropic institutions; M.A. preferred
- Knowledge of issues and challenges facing women and girls as well as of strategies that contribute to advancing economic security and justice for women and girls
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Highly organized, professional and meticulous with detail and protocol
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of FLUXX a plus
The New York Women’s Foundation® is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Commensurate with experience
Please send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com
Or via mail to:
The New York Women's Foundation
Attention: Human Resources
39 Broadway, 23rd Floor
New York, NY 10006
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE.