Foundation for a Just Society (FJS) envisions a world where all people are equally valued and lead self-determined lives. FJS advances the rights of women, girls, and LGBTQI people and promotes gender and racial justice by ensuring those most affected by injustice have the resources they need to cultivate the leadership and solutions that transform our world.
FJS makes grants to local, national, regional, and global organizations and networks with an emphasis on Francophone West Africa, Mesoamerica, South and Southeast Asia, and the US Southeast. FJS supports efforts that advance long-term, structural change and meet immediate needs that enable women, girls, and LGBTQI people most affected by injustice to be leaders, strategists, and agents of change.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The global program officer serves as the key point of contact for organizations funded through the global portfolio, reviews grant requests, conducts due diligence, makes grant recommendations, manages a diverse portfolio of grants, carries out and evaluates regional grantmaking strategies, shares supervision of a program assistant, and manages consultants. They strongly contribute to the implementation of the other elements of the foundation’s programmatic work, including accompaniment, strategic communications, and philanthropic advocacy.
The distinctive role of the global portfolio is to complement the work being done by FJS’s regional portfolios by filling strategic funding gaps. FJS’s global portfolio supports the following: grassroots organizations through global women’s funds and movement-oriented funds; research and advocacy initiatives to strengthen the visibility and strategies of activists and movements; coalitions and convenings that create spaces for activists to collaborate and build alliance; and strategic communications initiatives.
The ideal candidate is a strategic and creative thinker with a commitment to gender and racial justice and a sophisticated understanding of intersectional organizing globally that is led by women, girls, and LGBTQI people most affected by injustice. They are an excellent relationship builder with strong ties to the relevant movements, grassroots groups, organizations, and networks.
Salary Range: $92,000 - $138,000, depending on experience.
FJS offers a benefits package that includes:
● 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for all eligible employees and their spouses, domestic partners, and eligible dependents.
● Paid vacation days, and closed Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day.
● 401(k) retirement plan (with employer match).
● 100% employer-paid life insurance, supplemental short-term disability and long-term disability.
● Generous parental leave with full salary continuation.
● Educational support benefits – tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment, dependent tuition assistance.
● Supplemental benefits for adoption, reproductive health, surrogacy, and transgender and intersex health.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for more information about the position and to apply. Applications due by January 31, 2021.