About the Mertz Gilmore Foundation:
The Mertz Gilmore Foundation is a private, independent grantmaking institution with approximately $125 million in assets and a staff of 10. Its program areas include Climate Change Solutions, Democratic Values, New York City Communities, and New York City Dance. For more information, visit www.mertzgilmore.org.
The Program Assistant will provide administrative and programmatic support to the program team. This position is an excellent opportunity for an energetic and flexible self-starter to learn about philanthropy. The Program Assistant will work with all staff members and report to the Foundation’s Program Officers. The position is based in New York City.
- Provide administrative and programmatic support to the program team.
- Track letters of inquiry, proposals, and grantee reports and prepare related correspondence.
- Serve as the liaison between the Program Officers and Grants Manager to organize grantee information and process grant applications.
- Maintain program files and ensure that all information is current and easy to access.
- Schedule meetings and other appointments for Program Officers.
- Conduct research relevant to proposal review.
- Assist with website maintenance to ensure that it contains current program and grants information.
- Assist with the production of Board meeting materials and the coordination of Board meeting logistics.
- Handle other duties and special projects as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree with two to three years of prior work experience, preferably in a field relevant to one or more of the Foundation’s program areas.
- Strong writing, editing, and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills with ability to exercise discretion.
- Commitment to superior, accurate, professional work product; attention to detail a must.
- Able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Experienced team player with ability to work independently.
- High level of interpersonal skills; sense of humor is essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Adobe; familiarity with database software, video conferencing apps, and web management tools a plus.
The Mertz Gilmore Foundation offers an excellent benefits package and a salary that is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Reference the job, “Program Assistant Position” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Review of applications will continue until February 3, 2017.
March 1, 2017 (sooner, if possible)
The Mertz Gilmore Foundation hires without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual/gender orientation, marital status, or disability. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified applicants with disabilities may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.