Who We Are
Amplifier grows the movement of intentional, collaborative giving by building and sustaining giving circles inspired by Jewish values. We empower people to give in a new way: more intentionally, more meaningfully, in community, and rooted in Jewish wisdom.
Amplifier catalyzes the creation of new giving circles around the world, trains and convenes a growing network of more than 120 giving circles, and provides critical backbone infrastructure and programming for the field. We help individuals and institutions start and sustain giving circles, educate about philanthropic best practices, and build values-driven communities. Amplifier is also a leader in the national giving circle movement, working with partner networks and organizations across the American philanthropic sector to elevate collective giving nationwide.
Amplifier is a small organization poised for growth with a smart, warm, and creative staff. Our team is flexible, collaborative, and willing to perform all of the tasks associated with running a small organization. We’re located at a coworking space in New York City.
Who You Are
We’re looking for a team player with a deep entrepreneurial spirit to join us in the role of Program and Communications Associate. This role is a new addition to our growing team. We’re seeking someone who is proactive, creative, strategic, resourceful and willing to perform all of the tasks associated with being part of a small and constantly evolving organization. You have excellent interpersonal skills and will be able to interact easily with givers of all ages and levels of giving, with Amplifier’s partners in the giving circle, foundation, and nonprofit sectors, and with service providers and vendors. The Program and Communications Associate reports to Amplifier’s Program Director, and works closely with other members of the team on a project basis.
- Assist Program Director on development of programs, including the creation of materials and development of content
- Serve as Amplifier’s lead event coordinator, including liaising with vendors, researching venues, choosing menus, and staffing
- Support program evaluation and data collection efforts, as needed
- Create content for and disseminate Amplifier’s newsletter, blog, and social media
- Collaborate with giving circle leaders to tell stories through guest blog posts and other avenues
- Create and execute program recruitment strategies and outreach plan, including content for website, social media, and 1:1 outreach
- Create content for and manage relationships on social media accounts, including Facebook and Twitter
- Design handouts/materials in InDesign
- Update Amplifier’s website, as needed
Office Management (15%)
- Manage relationship with WeWork (or other office space providers) regarding office space
- Provide oversight for office management including equipment and supplies
- Serve as a primary point of contact for multiple service providers and vendors on issues such as accounting, payroll and benefits
- Ensure all invoices are processed accurately and all bills are paid in a timely manner
- Serve as Executive Assistant to the CEO for special projects, including coordinating all Board meetings and materials
- Monitor and reply to general inquiries to our team
Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills are a must
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects at once
- Graphic design skills and experience in InDesign a plus
- Social media fluency and comfort around new technologies
- Experience in planning and coordinating meetings and events
- Excellent computer skills – experience with and/or aptitude for quickly mastering Google suite, content management systems (CMS), and database programs
- 1-3 years of experience, including internship and volunteer experience
This is a full-time position located in New York, NY with occasional travel and weekday evening meetings. The salary range for this position is $53,000 - 55,000 DOE. Amplifier offers a full benefits package including Paid Time Off, all major Jewish holidays off, 401k, Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Transitcheks, flexibility, and professional development opportunities.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We are hoping to hire and onboard this position by July 1.
Amplifier is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.