Overdeck Family Foundation believes unlocking every child’s potential is the key to a better future – for all of us. Founded in 2011 by entrepreneurs John and Laura Overdeck, the Foundation focuses exclusively on education, supporting research and organizations that seek to open doors for every child in the U.S. by measurably enhancing education both inside and outside the classroom. Using a data-driven and evidence-based approach, the Foundation's investments enhance each stage of learning, from birth to high school, and are grounded in five focus areas: early childhood; educators; schools; out-of-school STEM opportunities; and the use of data to improve policy and practice.
The Foundation's grantmaking approach is grounded in measurable impact and cost- effectiveness. Its funding supports early-stage initiatives looking to develop or validate their programs / evidence bases, evidence-based programs looking to achieve greater impact through scaling, and data and research investments that lead to R+D and new insights.
The Inspired Minds portfolio within the Foundation focuses on building STEM skills and mindsets outside of school by supporting high quality out-of-school and family engagement STEM programs, so that more students enter high school prepared for success.
The Foundation is seeking a full-time Program Analyst for the Inspired Minds (IM) portfolio. Reporting to the Associate Program Officer, the Analyst will support the portfolio’s impact and influence goals, aligned with Foundation goals. This includes building and maintaining an evidence research base, supporting grantee data collection and analysis, efficiently managing the grantmaking workflow, building relationships with STEM education providers and stakeholders, and sharing key insights from grantmaking with peer funders to build awareness and buy-in for the Inspired Minds strategy.
Visit www.overdeck.org for more information. To learn more about our Inspired Minds portfolio, visit the websites of some of our partner organizations: FIRST, Girlstart, Learn Fresh, and PowerMyLearning.
- Maintain an up-to-date database appropriate for internal and external usage that includes synthesis of evidence-based practices and programs, seminal research, and analysis of current research / evidence gaps
- Maintain an up-to-date, complete database about all grantees in portfolio, designed to support analysis, learning, and reporting
- Ensure operational efficiency and project management of the portfolio including scheduling and communicating an annual grantmaking calendar, preparing materials for grantee check-ins, and supporting the Associate Program Officer with events and meetings
- Alongside the Associate Program Officer, develop a grant pipeline, conduct due diligence, prepare proposals for the board, manage grant outcomes, and make decisions and act on renewing or discontinuing grant support, based on Foundation- wide goals
- Build relationships with peer funders in support of the portfolio and grantees
Required Qualifications and Traits:
- Minimum of Bachelor's level degree required
- Two years of related experience working in education or an education-related role, and subject matter proficiency in out-of-school science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) education is preferred
- Interest in Foundation’s mission of unlocking every child’s potential for excellence by forming strategic partnerships to fund promising, evidence-based ideas, which creates lasting value for generations to come
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to listen with a desire to empathetically understand colleagues and partners
- Proactively develops creative and effective solutions for difficult, unique, or unexpected issues
- Interest in taking initiative and working independently, while also having an orientation towards team culture that aligns with values of learning, improvement and collaboration
Ideal Candidates Possess or Are Excited to Learn:
- Knowledge of and interest in research and analytical methods, data science, and data visualization
- Excellent critical thinking and quantitative analysis skills, attention to detail and accuracy, and ability to move quickly from one task to another
- Ability to build and maintain diverse relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Direct and indirect research experience
- Skills necessary to manage multiple projects at once
- Working knowledge of computers and the operation of standard office machines and software (Microsoft Office Suite [Word, Excel, PowerPoint], Google Suite, Airtable, Tableau, Qualtrics, etc.)
- Flexibility, ability to self-start, and the comfortability with ambiguity required to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
HOW TO APPLY:
Overdeck Family Foundation has partnered with RCG Talent Solutions on our search for the Inspiring Minds Program Analyst. Interested candidates should apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Overdeck Program Analyst” in the subject line. RCG Talent Solutions will review all applicants and, upon qualification, contact you to determine next steps.