The Overdeck Family Foundation has been making grants since 2010 in line with its vision of a world in which all children have the opportunity to unlock their potential. The Foundation’s mission is to open doors for every child in the U.S. by measurably enhancing education both inside and outside the classroom. It does so by funding innovative, learning-focused initiatives that move the field forward, as well as proven practices and policies that have yet to reach scale. The Foundation focuses on all kids and seeks to provide them with the opportunity to unlock their potential. In aggregate, our work should contribute to more equitable outcomes and a more equitable society, namely one where success and failure are not driven by sociodemographic factors. Visit www.overdeck.org for more information.
The Overdeck Family Foundation (the “Foundation”) is seeking a full-time Program Analyst for the Exceptional Educators portfolio. The Program Analyst will build and maintain an evidence research base, support data for greater learning and improvement, and efficiently manage the grant making workflow.
In this role, you will support the Foundation’s Exceptional Educators portfolio, which focuses on empowering teachers to unlock students’ excitement for learning. Current investment strategies include (a) attract and retain high-quality, diverse candidates in teaching; (b) provide new teachers with rigorous, practice-based preparation; (c) transform teacher professional learning by seeding and scaling evidence-based, cost-effective programs; and (d) encourage systems to adopt high-quality instructional materials This role is an opportunity for an individual who is passionate about public education and thrives in a team-oriented environment focused on research, evidence, and systems change. The Program Analyst role is ideal for a candidate who is committed to improving the system of public education by providing nonprofits with financial and non-financial support to do their work more effectively. This Program Analyst will work closely with and report to the portfolio Program Officer. You must submit a resume and cover letter to apply for this job.
You will take on the following responsibilities
- Maintain an up-to-date database appropriate for internal and external usage that includes synthesis of evidence-based practices and programs, seminal research, and analysis of current research / evidence gaps
- Maintain an up-to-date, complete database about all grantees in portfolio, designed to support analysis, learning, and reporting
- Ensure operational efficiency and project management of the portfolio including scheduling and communicating an annual grantmaking calendar, preparing materials for grantee check-ins, and supporting the Program Officer with events and meetings
- Alongside the Program Officer, develop a grant pipeline, conduct due diligence, prepare proposals for the board, manage grant outcomes, and make decisions an act on renewing or discontinuing grant support
You should possess the following qualifications
- 2 years of research / analyst or administrative experience in a public school / district, nonprofit organization, or other charitable foundation
- BA/BS degree; MS/MA in a research-focused discipline preferred
- Understanding and passion for education in the U.S.
- Knowledge and interest in research and evaluation methods; demonstrated experience gathering and applying information using justifiable logic
- Demonstrated experience with data compilation, analysis, and insight gathering
- Team orientation and ability to see multiple viewpoints and perspectives to achieve shared outcomes
- Exceptional written and oral communication with strong listening and inquiry skills
- Analytical and learning orientation with openness and ability to adjust, followed by a bias towards action
- Demonstrated ownership / initiative with a proactive problem-solving orientation
- Commitment to delivering high-quality work products (i.e., strong attention to detail) with an ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and data software, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Airtable
- You must submit a cover letter and resume to apply for this job.
You will enjoy the following benefits
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Please apply online using this link: https://careers.twosigma.com/careers/JobDetail/New-York-New-York-United-States-Overdeck-Family-Foundation-OFF-Program-Analyst-Exceptional-Educators/5621
Be the first to comment
Sign in with