Platform Manager: 4 Days per week
New Music USA seeks an enthusiastic and highly skilled IT professional to sustain and contribute to the future development of New Music USA’s web channels and platforms. The successful candidate will be an analytical thinker and collaborative self-starter who brings hands-on comfort with the technical aspects of the job, strong communication skills, and the ability to plan the most effective path forward through existing systems and software. We also expect the candidate to be passionate about music and the work of New Music USA.
Summary of the role: to manage and develop New Music USA’s online platform and database, working closely with Communications and Grantmaking staff and overseeing the organization’s IT needs.
Who we are: New Music USA is the leading national resource for the whole new music community. We support and connect diverse U.S. based music makers, organizations, and audiences by: providing financial support through our project grants fostering new connections through our programs, and deepening knowledge and encouraging appreciation through our online magazine NewMusicBox, our radio station Counterstream, and our New Music Directory.
Platform Manager: Key Responsibilities
- Manage development and maintenance of our platform - newmusicusa.org - including the directory of profiles for applicants/new music practitioners, NewMusicBox and Counterstream radio
- Oversee the functionality of the website, managing any further website merges and testing new features where appropriate
- Work with Communications and other Program staff to keep website up to date, supporting efforts to market and monitor the platform and grow the userbase
- Design and implement new organization database with external input if required
- Work with Grants Director to devise and sustain fit for purpose solution for online grants applications and grants report downloading
- Be responsible for company’s file storage
- Provide website and technical support for in-office and remote staff (including tech onboarding) and be primary contact/owner of all communication services
- Manage Platform server including configuration, updating, backup, deployment tools/processes
- Manage all relevant licensing agreements including PRO and SoundExchange
- Tech equipment purchasing, tracking, and maintaining; includes computers, servers, networking equipment, phones, printer
- Manage Itelagen's services
- Manage IT and Platform budget
- Contribute to office management with Finance Director and Administrator
- Works closely with Communications and Grantmaking staff
- At least 5 years' experience managing and developing websites and program software, including using agile methodologies with small teams
- Expert understanding of web production processes and up-to-date knowledge of web standards, semantic markup, and best practices Strong communication skills and ability to interface between technical and non-technical staff;
- Motivated and flexible team player
- Ability to set and meet realistic deadlines and maintain focus on multiple concurrent projects
- Experience developing web applications using WordPress and PHP
- Experience with Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- Experience using Google marketing platform (Analytics, Tag Manager) and developer apps
- Flexibility, professionalism, creative thinking, and collegial attitude
- Passion for new music in all its forms
In addition, understanding & knowledge of most of the following is expected:
- Web Frameworks: WordPress, Laravel, Vue.js
- Server admin: Apache, nginx, Ubuntu, MySQL
- Supporting tools: Git (version control), Adobe Creative Suite (design), Codeception (quality assurance)
Salary, Benefits & Additional Information
- Compensation will be competitive with non-profit positions at this level.
- Benefits include generous health and dental insurance, paid vacation, and sick leave.
- The Platform Manager works within a small and committed team based in New York City’s Financial District.
- All team members are required to work at highest levels of accuracy, conscientiousness and communication in order to maintain our high standard of service and commitment to transparency and equal opportunities.
How to Apply
Send us a resume and cover letter, outlining why you are a good fit for the position with reference to the criteria and skills listed above, including your experience of programming and managing web servers. Send to [email protected] with the subject “Platform Manager.” No phone calls please.
Application deadline: Wednesday 13th November, 5pm.
Interviews will take place on Nov 15th or 18th.
New Music USA, an equal opportunity employer, seeks to diversify its staff and strongly encourages applications from people of color. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.