The Howard Gilman Foundation, a private foundation that supports the performing arts in New York City, is seeking a highly qualified individual to fill a temporary, part-time position of Administrative Assistant. This new position will provide administrative support to the seven-person Foundation staff, including the Executive Director, three Program Officers, and the Grants Management team, and will report directly to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform various routine administrative tasks such as correspondence, maintaining files, setting up for and scheduling meetings, ordering office supplies, running errands, etc.;
- Accompany Program Officers on some site visits (which occur throughout the five boroughs of NYC) in order to take meeting notes;
- Prepare meeting materials and generate reports for staff and Board;
- Assist in preparation for an office move in the late fall, including scanning, shredding and/or otherwise digitizing existing paper files; and
- Facilitate occasional research projects.
Position Type - Part-Time Flexible (20-25 hours/week)
Salary - $22.00/hour to star
Duration - Temporary: May 1 – December 15, 2019
- A demonstrated interest in and commitment to the Foundation’s mission of supporting the performing arts in New York City;
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task when necessary;
- Strong oral and written communications skills, including excellent notetaking skills;
- Professionalism, discretion, diplomacy, flexibility, and a good sense of humor;
- The ability to plan ahead and to manage both the expected and the unexpected;
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, including proofreading; and
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
This is an ideal position for an artist seeking to maintain a flexible part-time schedule or someone considering a future career in Philanthropy or Arts Management.
The Howard Gilman Foundation is firmly committed to affirmative action and strongly encourages people of color, women, LGBTQ, elderly, and disabled candidates to apply.
Candidates should email their cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Monday, April 15th.