Solidaire Network is a fast-paced project of Proteus Fund, whose mission is to move resources to social movements that are striving to create a more just and equitable world. We do this by building a strong community of donors who give in solidarity with social movements, ready to act, and committed to long- term support. Learn more about us at: solidairenetwork.org.
The Operations Assistant provides overall support to Solidaire’s programs and operations and is the primary person responsible for the details -- making sure that membership information is organized, administrative tasks are covered, and meetings and events run smoothly.
Responsibilities include membership and community management, grant tracking, finance and administrative support.
- Supporting program staff with general administrative tasks such as scheduling, meeting note taking for all committees and staff meetings
- Managing staff reimbursements and credit card reconciliations
- Supporting member committees by scheduling meetings, drafting documents, taking notes and sending reminders
- Event, retreat and meeting support including logistics, and purchasing
- Tracking prospective, trial and dues-paying membership statuses, preparing status and renewal reminders, and responding to basic member questions
- Overseeing and updating the Nationbuilder database, including troubleshooting with database provider
- Help track and organize Rapid Response and Pooled Fund grant data and pledges
- Field basic inquiries from the general public
- Maintain organizational calendar and work plan tracking and reminding staff of monthly goals and priorities
Solidaire seeks San Francisco Bay Area or New York City candidates who are highly detail- oriented, efficient, and strong communicators, able to be effective as a key member of our virtual team. The Operations Assistant will have:
- A track record managing multiple schedules, logistics and tasks
- A demonstrated commitment to meeting a high bar of quality and accountability
- A history of getting things done in the face of competing demands
- A pleasant attitude and ability to work well with others
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com by January 31, 2017.