Applications due November 11, 2016 -- See instructions below
Emerging Practitioners in Philanthropy (EPIP), a project of Tides, is an organization working to cultivate and activate leaders to advance equity through philanthropy. EPIP is a growing network of 1,400 members, over 50 institutional members across 14 volunteer-led chapters nationwide. Through our flagship national conference, local and national events, webinars and other programs, we provide a platform for our community to connect with others, learn and practice leadership skills, and inspire emerging ideas in the social sector. EPIP is 15 years old this year and we are continuing to grow in agile and strategic ways under a new leadership team and in collaboration with our board. Learn more at www.epip.org.
About The Role
The Operations and Special Projects Associate will work report to and work closely EPIP’s Director of Operations and Member Services, and also work with the Executive Director on a set of projects. This is a growth opportunity for an individual who is dedicated to excellence, equity, teamwork and improving the philanthropic sector.
The Associate will support:
- Operations, including the integrity and analysis of data and support of membership processes, customer service and community engagement;
- Executive Director’s strategic projects and governance support;
- EPIP National communications;
- Strategy and program implementation.
Based on performance and as responsibilities allow, the Operations and Special Projects Associate will have the opportunity to select one or more special projects for purposes of professional development.
The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic about EPIP’s mission and committed to equity. Demonstrated interest in building strong systems and data-informed practices encouraged. Candidate should also have strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills, an ability to build and manage relationships with many diverse stakeholders, and strong writing and communication skills. Experience with data or CRM management, communications, community organizing, customer service, community management and blog or website management are all a plus.
This role is ideally for a an individual based in New York City, though EPIP is open to a virtual hire with the right candidate. This is a full-time role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support system and process improvement across operations;
- Design and draft communications on channels including Nationbuilder (website & e-newsletters), Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn to improve engagement and growth of entire network
- Support production of membership-focused materials including branding tools and members-only communications
- Manage back-end of blog and job board on EPIP’s website
- Field basic inquiries from members and the general public
- Support quality assurance of Nationbuilder system and website
- Support data projects, including database management, cleaning and growth
- Prepare weekly data reports from Salesforce and Nationbuilder systems
- Support EPIP National Conference and CHANGE Unity Summit as needed
- Provide support to EPIP’s Executive Director on strategic and governance projects as needed
- Work with team on program support - including webinar support and other program back up
- Contribute and participate in weekly staff meetings and other management meetings;
- Other duties as appropriate.
There are potential opportunities for leadership and growth into a larger role depending performance and organizational needs.
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal; Highly developed interpersonal and diplomatic skills needed for building and managing relationships via phone, email, in person and online with a positive and productive approach
- Proven attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Self-motivation and positive, entrepreneurial spirit; ability to think critically and productively challenge assumptions (their own and others’)
- Proficiency with social media channels including but not limited to: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn; Experience managing a blog, website or CRM preferred; willingness to learn new online tools and platforms as needed
- Experience with Nationbuilder a plus
- Ability to work on teams, individually, and with agility
- Demonstrated interest in philanthropy and commitment to social justice
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Commitment to the EPIP mission and principles
- College degree or relevant life experience required
- 1-2 years in communications or administrative role in a non-profit or association is preferred but not required
The chosen candidate will receive training on all existing EPIP systems including the Nationbuilder platform, GoToMeeting/Webinar and others as needed.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a salaried, full-time role. The Associate may receive benefits through EPIP including health insurance. The chosen candidate will also have access to EPIP National Programming and trainings, as well as other professional development support in accordance with their goals and EPIP’s needs.
Interested parties should apply with a cover letter outlining why candidate is a strong match for this role and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application: Special Projects and Operations Associate” in the subject line. Applications are due by November 11, 2016. Writing samples will be expected if selected for an interview. No calls, please!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS related conditions. Emerging Practitioners in Philanthropy (EPIP) is a project of the Tides Center. The Tides Center is an equal opportunity employer.