TCC is currently seeking an energetic self-starter with a collaborative spirit to join the team as our fall Nonprofit Effectiveness Intern in our New York City Office.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who has demonstrated an interest in making a social impact to join our Nonprofit Effectiveness Team to work on a range of projects involving strategic planning and organizational assessments that helps nonprofits in their work. The Nonprofit Effectiveness Intern will provide operational support to our team by utilizing research, analytical, writing and organizational skills.
This is an ideal position for an individual who is:
- Customer service focused, skilled in being approachable, a collaborator, and adaptive in a fast-paced environment.
- A multi-tasker able to juggle competing priorities.
- Analytical with the ability to synthesize large sets of data.
- Able to work independently.
This is a competitively paid internship with the flexibility to be full-time (over 30 hours) or part-time (16 hours or more).
Who We Are
TCC Group collaborates with leaders to solve complex social problems. As a mission-driven consulting firm and certified B Corporation, TCC Group partners with foundations, nonprofits, and companies to propel positive social change through strategy, capacity building, initiative design, strategic communication, management, and evaluation. We design and implement solutions for social impact by immersing ourselves in interconnected communities and systems, co-creating innovative and effective processes, and applying and sharing our experience with the field.
TCC Group is built on the commitment and experience of our people. We are a diverse group of inspired problem-solvers—committed to collaborative learning and our collective contribution to building an effective social sector. People come here to make an impact, and we seek engaged, driven, and inspired individuals to join our team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Nonprofit Effectiveness Intern will:
- Providing support for existing programs including online customer support.
- Conducting research (largely internet based) related to a variety of issues related to our marketing and client information needs.
- Analyzing, synthesizing and summarizing data, including both qualitative and quantitative analysis of primary and secondary data.
- Assisting with preparation of reports (writing portions of the reports) and correspondence by formatting, proofreading and copy-editing.
- Supporting and coordinating the production and dissemination of work products.
- Providing day-to-day project support to our staff on a range of administrative and analytical projects.
Desired Skills and Background
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree. Graduate students are also encouraged to apply.
- Strong interest in organizational assessment, strategic planning, social impact
- Strong research skills (including tracking research, citations, etc.)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills in using the following applications, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Internet search.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter for the “Nonprofit Effectiveness Intern” position at https://bit.ly/2MlXNj4
Please click the "Apply" below to submit resume and cover letter for the “Nonprofit Effectiveness Intern” position.
No telephone calls or emails, please.
TCC Group is an equal opportunity employer. Each position at the firm is filled by the best qualified applicant available. The firm does not discriminate against employees or applicants on any legally protected basis, including, but not limited to, race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran's status, age, or disability which does not interfere with an individual's ability to perform the essential functions of his or her job position with or without reasonable accommodation. The firm will provide equal opportunities in hiring, promotions, wages, benefits and other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. It is our policy to encourage promotion from among present employees, subject to the application of the best-qualified employee.