About The Shed
Opening in spring 2019, The Shed will be the first multi-arts center designed to commission, produce, and present all types of performing arts, visual arts, and popular culture. Driven by experimentation, innovation, risk-taking, and collaboration, The Shed will bring together leading artists working in every art form with leading minds in the humanities and sciences. The program will be international, created with co-commissioning partners around the globe, and local, with early-career artists from New York in residence in The Shed’s free creative lab. Located on the west side of Manhattan where the High Line meets Hudson Yards, the unique and flexible building, designed by Diller Scofidio + Renfro in collaboration with Rockwell Group, can physically transform to support artists’ visions and the work they create. From hip hop to classical music, visual art to literature, film to theater and dance — with collaborations across these disciplines and beyond — The Shed will welcome the broadest range of art forms and audiences, all under one roof.
About the Position
The Shed seeks a Membership Assistant to provide a high level of administrative support to the Individual Giving team as they build individual donor and membership programs to establish a renewable base of support for annual operations. The Membership Assistant will report to the Associate Director of Individual Giving and will join a growing Development team.
The ideal candidate has an interest in arts and culture and a determination to provide the best possible experience for members of The Shed.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Work closely with the Associate Director of Individual Giving to assist with the creation of an innovative, 21st century donor program
- Generate various donor communications including acknowledgements, renewal and acquisition appeals, member card replacement requests, etc. for internal processing, as well as in coordination with external mail house, and other related vendors
- Build digital membership email appeals and communications in Wordfly
- Work closely with the Editorial and Design teams, ensuring the creation and approval of all communication pieces remain on schedule
- Work with the Development Operations team to accurately record membership gifts within Tessitura
- Generate and compile regular reports on the progress of campaigns
- Collaborate with the Special Events team to execute engaging cultivation and member events
- Attend special events including, but not limited to, cultivation events, member evenings, and behind the scenes events with The Shed’s creative team
- Conduct donor and prospect research for the individual giving team
- Assist with administrative duties for all aspects of The Shed’s membership and individual giving programs
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Qualities
- 2 or more years of relevant experience providing administrative support
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate professionally, effectively, and discreetly with volunteers, colleagues, and donors
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a highly motivated, energetic team in a growing organization
- Adaptability and desire to join a start-up environment
- Ability to work occasional early mornings, evenings, or weekends as needed
- Microsoft Word and Excel; Tessitura and/or Wordfly a plus
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Please provide salary requirements with your application.
Interested candidates should submit résumé and cover letter in a single Word or PDF document saved as candidate’s first and last name. All submissions should be emailed to [email protected] with “Membership Assistant” in the subject line. Only résumés and cover letters submitted in this format will be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
The Shed is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff, and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with