Marketing Manager, Marketing and Business Development
The Marketing Manager will play a significant role in the development and execution of strategic marketing activities for Arabella Advisors. Working across all lines of business, geographies and teams, with a keen focus on campaigns and events, the manager will be a member of the Marketing and Business Development team – reporting to the Chief Business Development and Marketing Officer.
This role will have key responsibility across a comprehensive set of marketing activities – from strategy and planning to execution and measurement. This person should have deep industry experience, market knowledge, and a strong understanding of strategic philanthropy, as well as an interest in issues in philanthropy and helping institutional, corporate, family foundations, and individuals achieve their philanthropic goals.
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We help our clients imagine what’s possible, design the best strategies, learn what works best, and do the work necessary to realize their visions.
Our staff is a team of passionate problem-solvers—mission-driven and action-oriented—with a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience.
The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation. Our leadership team, advisors, colleagues, and staff are fundamentally concerned with social change. We share a desire to make a difference and apply an outcomes-focused approach. Our internal culture supports employee passions, enables continuous learning, and fosters innovation, risk taking, and fun—even as it emphasizes excellence.
Marketing Strategy & Design (~65%)
In partnership with CBDMO, Business Analytics Manager, communications team, and professionals across Arabella Advisors, lead or contribute to the following core marketing activities
- Positioning & Brand eminence: identify and implement the most effective Arabella Advisors story and the methods for sharing. Determine Arabella Point of View regarding current events and degree of explicit engagement around them. Ensure messages across all customer touchpoints are aligned and consistent
- Market Analysis & Segmentation: Research market to identify key client segments that represent priority areas of focus for the firm. Define highest needs by segment and differentiated solutions Arabella Advisors can deliver
- Campaign Development: Identify, develop, and execute key marketing campaigns by segment – track effectiveness
- Product Development: Based on key needs of priority client segments, and the Arabella Advisors assets to draw from, determine proper set of high demand products to develop and/or promote
Digital Marketing: Manage – in conjunction with Editorial team - Arabella’s e-communications marketing plan and integrated engagement calendar:
- Develop and deliver Arabella’s social media strategy
- Schedule and manage execution of targeted communications and emails.
- Optimize campaign platforms, recipient list management, system integration, and opt-ins.
Website: Work with editorial team to manage and maintain Arabella’s primary website (and any proper sub-sites):
- Manage the content strategy, creation, proofing, maintenance and publishing of website
- Ensure content on all sites is up-to-date, accurate and properly branded
- Ensure new web content (e.g., web stories, press releases, etc.) is posted in a timely manner
- Review site analytics regularly and maximize user satisfaction, SEO, navigation, and content consumption - Proactively identify improvements to make site(s) more interactive and aligned with user(s) experience – including mobile
- Manage the Content Management System (CMS), and serve as internal advisor of content management best practices. Maintain CMS layout including pages, content, site structure and functionality.
- Competitive Analysis: Review existing and emerging competitors and their positioning in order to inform Arabella’s differentiation and competitive messages
- Metrics: Identify and track core marketing metrics that drive decision-making to maximize marketing ROI
- PR: Determine appropriate level and method of PR support and manage its successful delivery
- Channel partner development: Research optimal partners (content, channel, etc) and support teams in engagement strategies and mutually beneficial partnership models
- Events: Based on segmentation analysis, develop and implement marketing campaigns to support Arabella’s and partner events during the year. Create and maintain rationalized quarterly events calendar
Marketing Program Administration (~25%)
Event Coordination and Support – plan, deliver, debrief
- Webinar logistics and hosting
- Local and national event logistics
- Implement and monitor results of marketing projects, including
- Website maintenance, updates and analytics
- Email blast setup and analytics
- Social media execution
- Client satisfaction surveys
- Contact management
- Collateral development and graphic design
- Content development and graphic design
- Significant physical mailings
- Published material support and distribution
- Develop and maintain toolkits for key marketing systems and recurring projects to facilitate information sharing across teams
- Review and recommend investments designed to increase marketing efficiency and ROI
- Coordinate with Salesforce administrator and Business Analytics Manager to ensure marketing systems are integrated and contacts are maintained
- Track and analyze key metrics for each system and makes recommendations for adjustments
Other Marketing / Client Development Activities (~10%)
- Conduct individual prospect and conference research by request
- Perform firm-wide target research and other market research
- Own information and logistics for firm-wide subscriptions, memberships and affiliations
- Monitor firm-wide email boxes for business development opportunities and contact updates
- Capture and document external and internal leading practices around marketing and sales effectiveness
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, including marketing or business administration
- At least five years’ experience with steadily increasing responsibility in marketing at a corporation, agency or significant organization
- Extensive experience with campaign planning, digital marketing, database management and graphic design.
- Ability to write compellingly for the web, social networks and other digital media.
- Experience with SEO/online optimization.
- Proficiency in website and social media management with experience in digital creation and
- editing (graphics, images, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze, synthesize, and report/present data
- Advanced Excel skills and experience working with various business applications such as Salesforce
- Experience and comfort with PowerPoint and InDesign
- Ability to develop relationships across offices, teams, and all levels, including executives and external partners
- Strong upward management skills to drive process and compliance
- Capable of identifying and implementing necessary innovations to processes and systems
- Exceptional business-related written and verbal communication capabilities
- Well-established organization, multitasking and prioritization skills - strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness, as well as poise and grace under pressure
- Self-starter, motivated professional with ability to think strategically and creatively, with ability
- to execute tactics.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and processes from start to finish, including ongoing
- analysis of impact and results.
- Proactive, well-organized and able to lead multiple efforts.
- Detail-oriented; good copy-editing skills to ensure highest quality marketing engagement with our members and participants.
A Career with Arabella Advisors
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, fun, transparent, collaborative, and healthy culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more about our people, culture, and work. However, we thought you should know that Arabella is committed to providing excellent benefits to our employees. For you and your eligible dependents, we provide a competitive package that includes health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide you disability coverage; life insurance; personal and volunteer leave time; a 401K match that you are eligible to receive when you start; funds for professional development; and a fitness benefit.
We also are committed to building a firm that is diverse and inclusive. We invite our clients and employees to be fully themselves. By integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work, we benefit from increased knowledge, creativity, flexibility, and organizational and individual growth. We expect all Arabella staff to share this commitment.
Please apply for this role through this link: http://www.arabellaadvisors.com/careers/open-position/?gnk=job&gni=8a788449545b15b7015486bbfba4365c&gns=Emerging%20Practitioners%20in%20Philanthropy
Candidates must submit a resume and one-page cover letter to be considered for the position. The cover letter must address why you want to work at Arabella and why this is your dream job. We will disregard candidates that do not submit the appropriate materials.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.