Who We Are
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA) is a nonprofit organization that currently advises on and manages more than $200 million in annual giving by individuals, families, corporations and major foundations. Continuing the Rockefeller family’s legacy of thoughtful, effective philanthropy, RPA remains at the forefront of philanthropic growth and innovation, with a diverse team led by experienced grantmakers with significant depth of knowledge across the spectrum of issue areas. Founded in 2002, RPA has grown into one of the world’s largest philanthropic service organizations and, as a whole, has facilitated more than $3 billion in grantmaking to nearly 70 countries. RPA also serves as a fiscal sponsor for more than 40 projects, providing governance, management and operational infrastructure to support their charitable purposes. For more information, please go to www.rockpa.org.
Who We Seek
We seek a strategic communications professional with an ability to produce campaigns, develop programs, create materials and build relationships that support RPA’s mission and business development strategy. The ideal candidate is a creative problem-solver with an understanding of brand, a strong sense of design and a comfort with the spectrum of communications platforms. S/he should be a quick study in understanding audiences, outlets and voices in the sector. We’re looking not just for a good writer, but a good editor and proofreader who knows the difference between Garamond and Avenir and the em dash and the en dash. Candidate should demonstrate commitment to RPA’s values of integrity, diversity, quality and trust.
The Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for supporting the development and management of RPA’s marketing and communications efforts. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, Communications & Partnerships and working with the business development and donor services teams, the Manager will assist in creating and implementing a comprehensive marketing strategy that supports RPA’s mission and creates opportunities for business development and thought leadership to advance thoughtful and effective philanthropy. The responsibilities include:
- Develop and distribute external communications collateral, including newsletters, donor resources and marketing materials
- Oversee content and copy for RPA website and social media platforms
- Develop and manage marketing and business development campaigns
- Leverage partnerships and media to create awareness of RPA’s capabilities through traditional PR, publications and social media
- Lead creation of print and digital material for proposals, pitch books and collateral to support business development efforts
- Assist with strategy, logistics, preparation and tracking of major events, meetings and conferences
- Maintain contact relationship database for business development and communications efforts
- Support internal communications and knowledge management efforts
- Provide support to staff in project-based work related to business development and client relations, including helping to create presentations, proposals, analysis, and reports
Technical Skills and Prior Experience
- Strong commitment to RPA’s values and mission
- 5+ years of related experience
- Experience in a communications, marketing or business development role in philanthropy, consulting, law firm or nonprofit sector strongly desired
- A successful applicant must have excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills and must work well as a member of a
- The position requires strong grammar, writing, proofreading, and editing skills and the ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects
- Attention to detail and accuracy is
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required; experience with Adobe Creative Suite a
- Experience with web content management and social
- Experience working with a CRM and marketing automation tools strongly
- Knowledge of and commitment to the nonprofit and philanthropic sectors is a
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement and access to professional development resources.
Applications, which will be reviewed as received, must include a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications and your resume. Please Apply Here by March 1, 2019.
No telephone calls, please.