Next Street: Where teamwork and entrepreneurship meet
Next Street is a for-profit firm founded to enable growth of high-performing, high-potential small and mid-size enterprises in a challenging and stimulating environment. Our clients are successful businesses and nonprofits with annual revenues up to $100 million, as well as the anchor institutions, social investors, foundations, and government agencies that foster economic development in our cities and underserved communities. Through our work, we have a direct impact on wealth-creation and employment in America’s cities.
With offices in Boston, New York City and Chicago, Next Street provides a unique mix of integrated advisory services in strategy, finance, operations, and organizational effectiveness. We connect the dots at every level, and across multiple industries and geographies, to create a network that advances business growth and economic development. We are a for-profit B Corporation, and were named a “2014 Best of the Best for Community Impact” by B Lab.
We look for professionals who combine significant experience in their fields with a passion for building successful, high-impact organizations in underserved markets: people who love cities, love business, and thrive on challenge. Next Street offers our team members an unparalleled opportunity to work at the intersection of “doing well and doing good,” having the potential to meaningfully impact organizations and their communities on a daily basis. We are committed to providing our professionals with development across areas of expertise, and advancement based on individual goals and performance.
Next Street Client Solutions
Whether working with small businesses and non-profits or large institutions and government and economic development organizations, we deliver solutions to clients that advance organizations’ strategy, growth, and impact. Our multidisciplinary team approaches delivery with a generalist model, where all members participate and contribute their expertise to a variety of client solutions, including strategic and financial planning, operational improvement, organizational and effectiveness, and economic development strategies.
As part of our delivery team, you will work closely with our clients to drive tangible impact, serving as a trusted advisor at all levels of their organizations. As a small firm we offer opportunities to stretch into new leadership roles with our clients and across the Firm.
Next Street Client Solutions is looking for a high-performing Managing Associate who will work closely with Firm leadership to lead engagements serving small businesses, non-profits, anchor institutions, and government agencies.
- Developing and managing long-term advisory relationships with client executives
- Collaborating across Next Street offices and communities of practice to design and implement client solutions that improve their strategy, finance, leadership, and organizational effectiveness
- Leading problem-solving and recommendation-development, and spearheading implementation initiatives
- Structuring and overseeing complex qualitative and quantitative business, market, financial, and organizational analysis
- Developing compelling client deliverables in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Managing 3-5 active client engagement teams, including developing and managing project plans and teams on a day to day basis
- Managing project quality and profitability
- Actively supporting and driving business development efforts to attract new clients and augment existing relationships
- Leading Firm knowledge development, codification, and dissemination through Next Street’s communities of practice
- Managing talent; responsible for performance management, individual guidance, and development for direct reports
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree in business, finance, organizational development, or other relevant field beneficial
- 5-7+ years work experience with a top-tier professional services firm
- 2+ years managing delivery teams, with demonstrated thought and client leadership
- A desire to build a business and an appetite to take entrepreneurial initiative
- A demonstrated capacity for collaboration and teamwork at all levels of tenure
- A commitment to develop one's personal leadership, in addition to cultivating one's abilities to lead others, the work, and the organization
- A proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A high level of maturity and presence with clients
- Ability to identify business development opportunities within client work, with a track record of cultivating opportunities and generating incremental revenue
- A strong desire to continuously learn through work across industries, client segments, and communities of practice
- A willingness to challenge and be challenged, regardless of seniority
Next Street is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.