Theatre Communications Group (TCG), the national organization for the American theatre, seeks an entrepreneurial Manager of Institutional Partnerships. This position will join a team that cultivates over $1.5M-$2M+ annually to support TCG’s programs and services that advance the national non-profit theatre sector. Reporting to the Director of Institutional Advancement & Partnerships, the Manager will contribute to an ambitious cultivation strategy, with a particular focus on corporate and business partnerships. TCG is a respected national arts service organization that values Artistry, Activism, Diversity, and Global Citizenship. In all of its endeavors, TCG creates a better world for theatre, and a better world because of theatre. More info at http://www.tcg.org/AboutUs/WorkWithUs.aspx
What You Will Be Doing:
- Conduct brand alignment research that leads to solicitation and activation plans for corporate sponsors and business partnerships including the preparation of contracts and negotiations.
- Strategize with fundraising, marketing, and program staff to maximize brand visibility for sponsors and partners to engage with the U.S theatre community during TCG’s National Conference, Fall Forum, Gala, year-long programs and services, and constituent members.
- Serve as a point person for TCG’s Business Affiliate Program to ensure retention and growth.
- Help with the day-to-day operation of TCG’s Department of Institutional Advancement & Partnerships by drafting corporate and foundation letters of inquiry, proposals, and reporting; communicating with partners about TCG’s activities and achievements; and organizing site visits.
- Maintain database, sponsorship credits, and support materials for institutional giving efforts.
- Other duties as assigned
What You Need For This Position:
Candidates should have a demonstrated track record of cultivating and closing corporate and business sponsorships to expand TCG’s portfolio of institutional partnerships. This position involves both internal as well as partner-facing relationship management, which requires detail orientation, strong interpersonal skills, and alignment with TCG’s mission, vision, and values. Additional qualities and experience include:
- Excellent research, writing, and moves management skills;
- Ability to inspire respect and trust to mobilize resources;
- Strategic thinking and business acumen to understand our business and attract sponsors;
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM database is a plus.
- An interest in theatre and a sense of humor is strongly preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting salary for this position is between $50,000 – $55,000, with a comprehensive benefits package.
How to Apply:
Candidates should email a resume and cover letter in a single attached file with “Manager of Institutional Partnerships – First and Last Name” in the subject line to [email protected]. No phone calls, please. We will respond only to those resumes for which we have interest. References and writing samples are required for finalists. National applicants considered; however, relocation expenses are not offered.
TCG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion (ED&I) in our hiring process, as well as in all areas of our work. At TCG we believe that diverse ideas, cultures, and traditions reflect the broad diversity of the US and are vital assets which enrich the programs and services TCG provides for the theatre field. We respect the intersectionality of identities and are committed to EDI in all areas of our work and workplace. People of color, LGBTQ+, neuro-diverse, and women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.tcg.org