For four decades, National Dance Institute has been delivering its award-winning arts and learning programs to public school children throughout New York City and around the world in the belief that the arts, and dance and music in particular, have a unique power to engage children and motivate them toward excellence.
As we embark on our 40th Anniversary year, NDI is looking for a talented and motivated fundraiser to join our Development team in our state-of-the-art facility in Harlem.
The Manager of Institutional Giving will report to the Director of Development and will be responsible for guiding NDI’s foundation, corporate, and government fundraising efforts.
Core responsibilities include:
- Developing and executing institutional fundraising strategies;
- Writing proposals, letters, and reports, and conveying in compelling and resonant language the power and essence of NDI’s mission and programs;
- Leading the stewardship of institutional donors;
- Creating and managing the foundation, government, and corporate grants calendar;
- Identifying new prospects and directing the research and cultivation of new funders;
- Liaising with senior NDI program and artistic staff to update statistics and create new narratives reflecting NDI’s programs, and creating program budgets;
- Building annual revenue projections, and creating year-to-date reports.
The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree, 2-3 years of relevant experience, and the desire to be part of a dynamic fundraising team that supports NDI’s work of providing the highest-quality arts education programs to 6,000 New York City public school children each year. Candidate must be an exceptional writer, a quick learner, a creative thinker, a team player, personable, detail-oriented, and deadline-sensitive. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge database a plus.
Please email resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and a writing sample, to Michele O’Mara, Director of Development, at [email protected] No phone calls. EOE.