New York Women's Foundation
New York, NY
Under the leadership of the VP, Development, the Manager, Foundations develops annual foundation fundraising strategies to secure foundation, government and corporate gifts. He/she will be responsible for researching prospects, developing strategies, drafting and editing all proposals, securing new relationships, assisting in the editing and development of written materials for institutional outreach.
- Solid experience writing for the Web and an expert in managing technical and online applications.
- Excellent personal communications skills are necessary to interact professionally with high level foundation staff and government officials as well as with seasoned program personnel and other senior staff and volunteers at the NYWF.
- Responsible for strengthening and expanding institutional fundraising to increase revenue.
- Extensive experience securing funding from foundations, institutions and corporate entities.
- Maintain and expand support for the NYWF programs and initiatives, including prospecting, proposal/report writing and relationship management.
- Manage and grow prospect portfolio to ensure that cultivation and solicitation strategies are completed.
- Metric proposal and reporting deadlines along with departmental performance against departmental goals.
- Identify, research and pursue new funding sources.
- Responsible to maintain strong donor database records.
- In partnership with Foundation VP’s communicate development needs for proposals.
- Develop a deep understanding of NYWF programs, content and organizational priorities to ensure integrity and quality of proposal writing.
- Manage Foundation funding calendar.
- Develop content for briefings on the progress of NYWF’s programmatic initiatives for institutional funder updates and ongoing communication.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least four years of experience in NYC foundation/institutional/corporate grant writing and development.
- Ability to understand needs and interests of donors in order to develop relationships.
- Excellent research and online communication skills.
- Proven experience in prospecting and growing new sources of revenue from foundations, institutions and corporations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with both internal and external constituencies.
- Familiarity with government research and applications, offline and online.
- Proven track record of successful grant submissions.
- Professional level of writing and editing proposals that is results driven.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
The New York Women’s Foundation® is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Commensurate with experience
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
The New York Women's Foundation
Attention: Human Resources
39 Broadway, 23rd Floor
New York, NY 10006
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE.