Next Street: Where teamwork and entrepreneurship meet
Next Street was founded in 2005 with the belief that small businesses are the engines of inclusive growth in underserved markets. Serving as trusted advisor to some of the country’s most dynamic organizations,
Next Street revolutionizes how organizations provide capital, customers and services to small businesses and entrepreneurs. We create strategies and tools for public, private and social institutions to drive equitable small business growth in the communities across the US. Next Street directly serves hundreds of individual businesses every day through tailored small business development services and programs.
We look for professionals who aim to combine their diverse backgrounds and experiences with a passion for mission, offering our team members an unparalleled opportunity to work at the intersection of doing well and doing good. Next Street is a for-profit ‘business for good’ and a certified B Corporation with offices in New York, Chicago, and Boston.
NYC Business Solutions Centers
Next Street has operated NYC Business Solutions Centers, in partnership with the NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS), since 2012. Each Center serves as a one-stop resource center for entrepreneurs and small business owners at various stages, from newly launched to established businesses. The Centers offer an array of free services such as business management courses, financing assistance, legal counseling, staff recruitment and training, and M/WBE certification. Each year the Centers serve over 3.500 businesses on average.
Next Street is seeking a dynamic and entrepreneurial individual to serve as a Junior Finance Account Manager of the NYC Business Solutions, Lower Manhattan Center which is operated by Next Street.
The Junior Finance Account Manager will be responsible for performing their day-to day duties while pacing towards the Center’s small business financing targets. The Junior Finance Account Manager will report to Next Street’s Director of the NYC Business Solutions, Lower Manhattan Center.
- Connect small business clients to services and resources needed to sustain or scale their business
- Collaborate with teammates to deliver the NYC Business Solutions full set of services to businesses and ensure the team is regularly exceeding annual goals
- Engage with a wide range of small businesses to understand their needs and make recommendations for the types of resources and services the City can provide these businesses to help them be successful
- Respond to all customer inquiries and document interactions using the City’s CRM system in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with SBS and Next Street’s customer service standards
- Engage community-based organizations, community boards, BIDs, and other relevant stakeholders in the interest of engaging businesses and improving access to support services
- Serve as a trusted advisor to small businesses and provide advice on the business and capital options most relevant to them
- Create, review, and analyze financial statements and provide insight and guidance to clients on the financial health of their business and capital options most relevant to them
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the small business financing landscape and serve as a connector and advocate for clients to financial providers and lenders
- Manage Center’s marketing efforts and drive business development to attract, cultivate and retain clients as well as other key stakeholders
- Support and implement the team’s business development plans; monitor and analyze those activities
- Engage community-based organizations, community boards, BIDs, and other relevant stakeholders interested in engaging businesses and improving the access that they have to support services
- Support senior staff in evaluating potential deals, packaging loans, and outreaching to clients
- Drive business development and marketing efforts to attract, cultivate and retain clients as well as other key stakeholders to meet program goals
Center Management & Operations
- Perform prompt data entry after service delivery
- Provide feedback to team members, the Center Director, Next Street management and SBS on an ongoing basis in order to improve the system’s ability to achieve outcomes and provide high-quality services
- Collaborate across Next Street offices and communities of practice to ensure our client’s strategic, financial, and organizational needs are met and small development learnings are shared
- Assist in providing instruction to clients via regularly scheduled workshops
- Respond to all customer inquiries in a timely and appropriate manner in accordance with quality assurance best practices and Center standards
- Attend morning, evening, and weekend events, as necessary, in the interest of strengthening partnerships and business development efforts
- Bachelor degree required;
- 1+ years of experience working with entrepreneurs on banking, finance or lending
- Experience using customer relationship management tools or other database systems in order to track and manage services and outcomes
- Understanding of the small business landscape and business assistance services in New York City
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team and individual setting
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Experience in face to face sales and/or customer service preferred
- Proven analytical, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and a high degree of initiative
- Flexible, adaptable, customer-focused, and goal-oriented with a commitment to high standards
- Ability to plan and collaborate with many individuals and stakeholders
- Aptitude to manage towards goal deadlines to ensure the successful achievement of those goals
- Spanish speaking or another second language is a plus
Next Street is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.