At A Glance:
Enjoy Sankofa Summer!
We hope you're enjoying Sankofa Summer, EPIP's summer virtual learning series. The series runs until mid-August, and in the first 2 weeks alone, we've heard from women of color about leadership in philanthropy, learned about healing justice and brave space building, and looked at ways to make an impact through philanthropic practice.
If you haven't registered yet, don't worry! You can see replays of most of our sessions to date as soon as you sign up, and we have a full month of content left, including sessions on Abolition (this Thursday, July 23rd), Racial Justice conversations, Reframing and Shifting power in the sector, and more.
If you haven't yet registered, click here to learn more and sign up today!
Join Chapter Events Across The Country
Sankofa Summer isn't the only opportunity to participate in an EPIP event this month. EPIP chapters across the country are hosting conversations, social events, happy hours, community check-ins and more!
Coming up in July (all times local as noted):
- Tuesday, July 21st, at 4:30 PM Pacific: White Anti-Racism: A Conversation (EPIP LA) - This virtual program is an opportunity for white-identifying EPIP LA members to discuss ways they can combat racism at home, at work, and in their communities. Though the primary audience for this program is white people, People of Color interested in being with white people on this journey are welcome.
- Tuesday, July 21st, at 6 PM Eastern: EPIP Boston Virtual Open House - Join EPIP Boston for a Virtual Open House to get to know the Boston chapter community, discuss EPIP's Strategic Framework, share resources on how to support each other in our work, and brainstorm programming for the coming year.
- Tuesday, July 21st, at 6:30 PM Eastern: EPIP DC + EPIP NYC Virtual Summer Social - Join fellow EPIP DC and NYC chapter members for a summer social! This virtual social will feature a cocktail-making session (including a mocktail option) with local Black DC bartender Davino Richardson. It will also feature two rounds of small group networking for you to meet and connect with your peers in the sector.
- Thursday, July 23rd, at 12 PM Central: Lunch with Minnesota Philanthrofolk- Join EPIP Minnesota for informal conversation and networking. All are welcome!
- Thursday, July 23rd, at 12 PM Pacific: A Conversation with Aldita Gallardo - The Libra Foundation and EPIP Bay Area Chapter invite you to a conversation with Aldita Gallardo, Senior Program Associate for the Fund for Trans Generations at Borealis Philanthropy. Topics will include the importance of supporting Black LGBTQ-led organizing, Anita's journey in philanthropy, and what emerging leaders can do to honor their identities and experiences while also applying pressure on institutions to dismantle anti-Black violence and white supremacy within philanthropy.
- Friday, July 24th, at 10 AM Central: Chicago Chapter Coffee - Join the EPIP Chicago chapter for a chat about everything from the latest chapter news to what people are up to for fun during quarantine.
- Friday, July 24th, at 12 PM Eastern: New York Community Check-In - Check in with your peers in the New York philanthropic community to refresh, recharge, and connect.
- Wednesday, July 29th, at 3:30 PM Eastern: EPIP Michigan Presents: Find Your People - Join EPIP Michigan at a virtual happy hour to connect, decompress, and check-in with your peers during this revolutionary moment. The event will begin with a live performance from a local musician and activist, before giving you a choice of breakouts about self-care and connection, creating a new future, and keeping your career on track.
- Friday, July 31st, at 5 PM Eastern: EPIP Philly Virtual Happy Hour - Even though we're still all physically distancing, EPIP Philly is keeping socializing alive and continuing to push conversations about philanthropy and equity! Join them for this space for joy, connection, and sharing your thoughts on all things philanthropy.
Share Your Thoughts about Virtual Meetings
Want a chance to share what's working and what's not in virtual meetings, webinars, and webcasts? It's likely that virtual meetings and convenings will remain a part of the philanthropic (and overall work) landscape for some time to come - this is your chance to help shape what that landscape looks like. EPIP is co-sponsoring a new survey about web-based convenings that will help our sector learn what's going well with virtual events and what we may want to change or address going forward.
Click here to take this quick 10-minute survey...and if you provide your email, you'll be among the first to get the results.