TCC Group is currently seeking an energetic self-starter with a collaborative spirit to join the team as a full-time IT Support Associate in our New York City Office.
The IT Support Associate is responsible for providing technical and customer service support to 40+ staff, including remote users. This involves working collaboratively with our vendors and internal staff to spearhead technology initiatives that will enable TCC Group to better serve our clients.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who has a track record of providing high-level help desk support to join our team as we work to help foundations, nonprofits, and companies achieve greater social impact.
This is an ideal position for an individual who is:
- A proactive problem solver, willing to take initiative to resolve and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Able to identify and analyze technological needs and make recommendations for improvements.
- Customer service focused - approachable, collaborative, and adaptive in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong communicator able to explain technical information to non-technical staff.
- Organized and able to multitask and juggle competing priorities.
- Able to work independently.
Who We Are
TCC Group collaborates with leaders to solve complex social problems. As a mission-driven consulting firm and certified B Corporation, TCC Group partners with foundations, nonprofits, and companies to propel positive social change through strategy, capacity building, initiative design, strategic communication, management, and evaluation. We design and implement solutions for social impact by immersing ourselves in interconnected communities and systems, co-creating innovative and effective processes, and applying and sharing our experience with the field.
TCC Group is built on the commitment and experience of our people. We are a diverse group of inspired problem-solvers—committed to collaborative learning and our collective contribution to building an effective social sector. People come here to make an impact, and we seek engaged, driven, and inspired individuals to join our team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The IT Support Associate will:
Provide technical support to staff (45%)
- Assess and respond to the technology needs of staff.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve hardware and software problems on-site.
- Provide technical expertise on data network and backup systems, firewall and security issues, databases, servers, printers, and telephone systems.
- Provide one-on-one instructions/training/guidance to end users on the use of hardware/software and standard procedures.
Manage IT daily operations (30%)
- Manage vendor relations, procurement, installation, and implementation of information systems across the firm.
- Serve as the administrator for the firm’s various online services, including but not limited to Box, Office 365, online learning, and web and teleconference services, such as Zoom.
- Purchase, configure and maintain all office equipment, including servers, routers, computers, scanners, projectors, cameras and software programs.
- Maintain accurate internal records, including an issue log and activity log.
Initiate and participate in special projects (25%)
- Collaborate with external vendors to implement procedures to ensure business continuity and information security.
- Support office-wide projects including data clean-up and migrations.
- Actively initiate and participate in tech projects that are aligned with firm’s needs.
Desired Skills and Background
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with 2 years of relevant professional experience OR 3-4 years of professional experience in a help desk/technical support environment with relevant training or certification.
- Current and in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Mac OS operating systems.
- Demonstrated ability to set up computer workstations and to troubleshoot basic hardware and software issues.
- Knowledgeable of network architecture, telecommunications, wireless, and cloud technologies.
- Desktop application experience with Microsoft Office Suite, apps, collaboration tools, and web browsers
- Experience working in a professional services firm or in the social sector.
- Experience using Airtable, Deltek, or Zendesk.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter for the “IT Support Associate” position at https://bit.ly/348UnWm.
This is a full-time position based in TCC Group’s NYC office. We offer a competitive and equitable compensation package to attract and retain exceptional people. We also offer a generous benefits package including health insurance, generous paid time off, a 401k retirement plan with employer match, disability, life insurance, and more.
No telephone calls or emails, please.
TCC Group is an equal opportunity employer. Each position at the firm is filled by the best qualified applicant available. The firm does not discriminate against employees or applicants on any legally protected basis, including, but not limited to, race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran's status, age, or disability which does not interfere with an individual's ability to perform the essential functions of his or her job position with or without reasonable accommodation. The firm will provide equal opportunities in hiring, promotions, wages, benefits and other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. It is our policy to encourage promotion from among present employees, subject to the application of the best-qualified employee.