mothers2mothers (m2m) is a global nonprofit that trains, employs, and empowers HIV-positive women—Mentor Mothers—who provide family-centered support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. Founded in Cape Town in 2001, m2m now delivers these services directly at health facilities and in communities in eight countries, and also partners with governments and other NGOs. We have a track record of scaling our services and proven impact. In 2016, m2m and our partners reached 1.95 million new clients, and helped to protect 700,000 infants from HIV infection. We invite you to visit m2m.org to learn more about our work.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team that will amplify the presence of mothers2mothers (m2m) in North America. Based in New York City, the Institutional Giving Officer will create effective fundraising communications, as well as generate new revenue from institutional prospects including providing secondary support on major institutional relationships. As the North America liaison to m2m’s Business Development team, the Institutional Giving Officer will also be integral to the proposal development process and identify new government funding opportunities.
This role will report to the Deputy Director, Development and work closely with the North America fundraising and communications teams, and the Business Development team in Cape Town.
Key Performance Areas
Pipeline Development (20%)
- Identify and qualify new sources of potential funding including institutional giving programs and government grants.
- Conduct prospect research, compile research profiles and manage wealth prospecting and screening, including integration with Salesforce.
Cultivation & Proposals (30%)
- Serve as team liaison to Business Development, providing support for capture planning and the proposal development process by establishing workflow schedules and compliance matrices, generating content, and ensuring adherence to submission deadlines.
- Draft and submit LOIs, grant applications, proposals and supplementary materials for grants and perform appropriate follow up.
Grant Compliance (15%)
- Draft project updates and stewardship reports, and flag upcoming reporting and stewardship deadlines with technical and fundraising staff.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for M&E and other programmatic capacity areas, helping to secure reports from technical staff and interpreting and preparing information for donors.
Production of Fundraising Assets (35%)
- Draft reports, memos, updates and other communications for the Board and Resource Mobilization Sub-Committee.
- Draft talking points for the Director in preparation for speaking engagements.
- Collaborate with the Senior Communications Manager, Annual & Digital Fundraising Officer and Individual Giving Manager to create content for digital and offline fundraising channels.
Read a complete list of responsibilities, qualifications, and competencies at m2m.org/careers.
- Interested candidates should submit cover letter outlining their interest in the position, current resume, and salary expectations at org/careers.
- Applications will be accepted until July 15, 2018.