About The Organization
Founded in 1994, the mission of the National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health (NLIRH) is to build Latina power to guarantee the fundamental human right to reproductive health, dignity and justice. We elevate Latina leaders, mobilize our families and communities, transform the cultural narrative and catalyze policy change. NLIRH is the only national reproductive justice organization dedicated to advancing health, dignity, and justice for the 26 million Latinas, their families, and communities in the United States.
- Develop and implement strategies for solicitation that will grow annual revenue from individuals and builds a pipeline for potential major gifts to NLIRH;
- Develop and implement a comprehensive annual giving program that could include direct mail, electronic fundraising, honor and memorial gifts, online giving days and emerging platforms;
- Lead the organization’s individual giving strategy. Plan and carry out identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individual giving prospects;
- Develop appropriate cultivation and moves management strategies for existing annual and recurring donors;
- In partnership with the Communications and Public Affairs team, develop and implement a communications plan to keep in regular contact with donors regarding NLIRH campaigns and issue areas they are most passionate about as well as key organizational developments;
- Develop a plan for donor recognition and moving individual donors up an engagement ladder;
- Conduct research on any prospects in pipeline as needed; and
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Management and Partnership:
- Guide and lead the Development Associate with pertinent duties such as event logistics, prospect research, prospect qualification, overall portfolio management and donor stewardship;
- Collaborate and problem solve with Senior Director of Development and Development Associate on increasing recruitment, retention and renewal of key donors;
- In partnership with Civic Engagement Manager and Communications Team, envision and develop engagement structures connecting NLIRH’s efforts with Individual Donors and Influencers;
- In partnership with Senior Director of Development and Finance team, coordinate to develop event budgets and oversee financial reporting/ reconciliation.
Planning and Reporting:
- Establish and meet annual goals including, dollars raised, renewal percentages, and donor pipeline development for individual donor portfolio.
Partner with Senior Director of Development to:
- Reconcile contributions from individual donors and update projections.
- Develop budgets and monitor expenses related to the individual giving program.
- Develop a system for assigning portfolios of current and prospective major donors to senior staff and board members.
In collaboration with the Database Manager and Grants Management Specialist:
- Lead technological upgrades to drive prospect research and donor cultivation and stewardship efforts.
- Perform comprehensive ongoing data analysis and evaluation related to all aspects of the annual giving program.
- Ensure individual giving fundraising activity and interactions are accurately and regularly stored in donor databases and information systems and acknowledgement letters are generated in a timely matter
- 3-5 years of professional fundraising experience, with a proven track record in initiating, stewarding and moving individual gifts to higher levels of support;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office and Salesforce or other donor management system such as Raiser’s Edge;
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit persuasive materials including successful appeals, stewardship materials and other collateral across a variety of platforms and constituencies;
- Outgoing personality and ability to initiate and enjoy direct communication with donors and potential donors; customer-service orientation;
- Highly motivated and energetic, ability to show initiative and work independently;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience in the areas of organizational planning and management;
- Experience with budgeting, planning and project administration;
- Ability to handle diverse, simultaneous tasks, meet deadlines, and attend to follow-through;
- Highly motivated to use your skills as a fundraiser to educate donors about the intersections that make up reproductive justice, and move hearts and minds away from long-held stereotypes about the Latina/x community; and
- Evenings and weekends may be required.
We’re Looking For Someone Who Is
A Relationship Builder. You are genuinely curious about new people and possess strong listening skills. You like learning what motivates people, what inspires their generosity, and makes them feel appreciated. You have the ability to initiate, organize and manage projects, and to interface successfully with colleagues in a collaborative approach.
Entrepreneurial. You are intrinsically motivated and undaunted by ambitious goals. You have the ability to innovate with the creativity and tenacity to navigate a “no” answer towards a more productive “not right now,” “maybe,” and sometimes even, “yes.”
Exceptional in Communicating Verbally and in Writing. Demonstrated ability to write and edit persuasive materials including successful appeals, stewardship materials and other collateral across a variety of platforms and constituencies. You have excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
Intentional. Your work style is about planning ahead and creating milestones for adjustments or adapting to changed circumstances. You are a strategic thinker who always has their end goal in sight – converting people to donors. You are skilled at keeping yourself on track with long term projects as well as a donor portfolio.
Highly Organized. You can manage across multiple work streams and functions, keeping deadlines and managing complexity by simplifying solutions, systems and processes with clarity and attention to detail. You have an ability to efficiently initiate and complete multiple tasks on time.
Adaptable and Flexible. You can handle any curveball, and in fact, you plan for them. Additionally, you are strategic and have the ability to pivot quickly as priorities shift and the team continues to take shape. You can and are willing to travel if needed.
Justice-Oriented. You are interested in the ways fundraising and philanthropy can contribute to a shift that advances an intersectional approach to justice. You are inspired by the idea of using your skills as a fundraiser to educate donors about the intersections that make up reproductive justice, and move hearts and minds away from long-held stereotypes about the Latina/x community.
What You Will Need to be Successful
Professional Experience: You proven track record of professional fundraising experience, displaying skills in initiating, stewarding and moving individual gifts to higher levels of support. The ability to execute on fundraising plans and strategies that generate significant results. You regularly use data to drive decision-making and reflect on your rigorous and donor centered plans for sustaining and growing a donor base and revenue. You have strong prospect research skills and a solid understanding of moves management.
You will bring experience in integrating volunteer engagement outreach with annual giving strategy. Have demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and Salesforce or other donor management system such as Raiser’s Edge. Alongside an exceptional eye for attention to detail you will possess the ability to work independently and proactively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, lead projects, meet multiple concurrent deadlines, and organize time and priorities.
Mission alignment: You have enthusiasm, familiarity and demonstrated alignment with NLIRH’s mission and a commitment to building and/or deepening your commitment to reproductive justice. You are steadfast in your support of NLIRH’s long-term sustainability and are committed to a career in Development.
Values alignment: You will bring enthusiasm to learn and grow in both a demanding and close-knit work environment that seeks to continually improve and grow by bringing excellence through collaboration, feedback, and transparency.
Compensation & Benefits
NLIRH offers a competitive salary determined via an annual compensation survey of the social justice field that aligns with our values of wage justice for all, along with a comprehensive package of benefits that includes:
- Paid parental leave;
- Medical, dental, and vision plans;
- Vacation, personal and sick time;
- Professional development funds; and
- Retirement plan, including employer match.
Please send your resume, salary requirements, and a thoughtful cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com. Please include in the subject line: Individual Giving Manager
The National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.