About the Obama Foundation
Founded in January 2014, the Obama Foundation is a living, working center for citizenship in the 21st century aimed at identifying, training, and connecting the next generation of leaders and engaged citizens. The Foundation is developing the Obama Presidential Center on the South Side of Chicago to serve as headquarters for the projects it will undertake across the city, the nation, and around the world.
As President Obama said in his farewell address, "I am asking you to believe. Not in my ability to bring about change — but in yours.” That concept is one the Obamas championed from the beginning, and it is now a cornerstone of the Obama Foundation’s efforts to support and develop the next generation of active citizens and emerging young leaders at home and around the world.
Real change—big change—takes many years, and requires each generation to believe that its participation matters and embrace the obligations and opportunities that come with the most important office in a democracy: that of Citizen. Together, we have made extraordinary progress. Because there is more to do, this work lives on in the Obama Foundation.
For more information on the Obama Foundation, please visit www.obama.org.
About the Role
Reporting to the Impact and Evaluation (I&E) Manager, the I&E Associate will support the implementation of the Program Team’s Learning and Evaluation strategy, participate in the design and implementation of evaluations for different Foundation programs and initiatives, serve as an expert in data collection, analysis, and reporting and support the I&E team’s day to day operations.
The Impact and Evaluation Associate will be responsible for achieving the following outcomes within the first year:
- By the end of 2018, Associate has effectively supported the development of a Learning and Evaluation Strategy document and implementation work plan
- During 2019, quarterly implementation reports reflect that the Associate has executed specific portions of several evaluations independently and on time
- For each evaluation, Associate has developed evaluation tools, gathered and analyzed the data, and created internal data reports with accuracy and in a timely manner
- Within six months of hire, Associate has supported the development of processes and protocols to support the day to day operation of the I&E team
- Program team members strongly agree or agree that the evaluation of their program will lead to helpful insights to refine their strategy in 2019
The ultimate aim of the Impact and Evaluation Associate is to achieve the outcomes listed above. In order to achieve those outcomes, we imagine that the Impact and Evaluation Associate will spend their time in the following ways:
- Conducting tasks related to the development, implementation, and future refinement of the Foundation’s Learning and Evaluation Strategy (e.g., help writing certain sections, updating implementation plan based on team discussions)
- Working with other members of the I&E team in the development and implementation of evaluations and/or monitoring systems
- Developing surveys, interview guides and focus group protocols that are reliable and lead to the data and insights we need
- Working with data platforms, databases, and selected technologies to capture, organize, and analyze data
- Collecting and drawing conclusions from quantitative & qualitative data
- Contributing to the Foundation’s understanding of how to best evaluate civic engagement work and how to embed equity into the Foundation’s learning and evaluation work
- Providing support to staff on how to gather, analyze and present data
- Supporting the I&E team’s day to day operation (e.g., scheduling and coordinating meeting logistics, taking notes during team meetings)
- Helping develop and maintain a knowledge management system for the I&E team (e.g., maintaining meeting documents and notes in shared folders, maintaining lists of external evaluators)
- 2+ years of relevant evaluation experience
- Proven experience developing surveys, interview guides and focus group protocols that are reliable and lead to the data and insights we need
- Track record of collecting and drawing conclusions from quantitative & qualitative data
- Exceptional Excel skills, including experience analyzing large datasets and running statistical tests
- Demonstrated interest and experience in the evaluation field
- Demonstrated interest and experience in considering issues of marginalization and equity in evaluation
- Proven track record supporting the development of high-quality evaluation reports that communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Effectively plans and executes short-term tasks, communicating effectively with others to achieve objectives and meet deadlines
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, ability to convey complex concepts in a structured and effective way, and exceptional PowerPoint skills
- Bachelor's or Graduate degree in relevant field (e.g., public policy, health, statistics) preferred but not required
- Experience with SPSS or STATA preferred but not required
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Foundation is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please email us at [email protected] if you require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with