Wellspring Philanthropic Fund seeks an intern to work with the Human Resources Team assisting with various tasks related to HR and recruitment functions. This paid internship is full-time (flexible), by mutual agreement, in our Times Square office in New York City. The internship is an ideal position to someone who wants to learn how to operate and thrive using HR methods in a busy organization of 70+ people.
- Assist the HR Team with administrative tasks such as; curating the Wellspring Jobs and Internship Outlook Accounts.
- Post all Wellspring Job Descriptions externally.
- Set up onboarding itineraries and send out calendar invitations to new hires’ calendars.
- Organizing data to reflect recruitment efforts.
- Prepare Welcome Packets for new hires.
- Coordinate with Receptionist/Office Managers to schedule interviews with the President and Vice President.
- Assist with logistics to ensure smooth recruitment, and onboarding processes.
- Perform other administrative and research duties, as requested.
- Assists with organizing/curating office events.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS
- Enrolled in Undergraduate Program, Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience required.
- Familiarity with, and commitment to, human rights and social justice issues.
- One or two years of administrative experience in a professional office environment coordinating basic projects, performing complex scheduling, writing correspondence, recruitment, onboarding, and other aspects of HR.
- Excellent English language writing, synthesizing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Exceptional judgment and ability to handle confidential information with complete discretion.
- Ability to multi-task, adapt, meet deadlines, and work both independently and collaboratively.
- Initiative, creative, resourcefulness, flexibility, and a sense of humor.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Learn firsthand Human Resources processes specifically pertaining to recruitment and onboarding functions of a grantmaking organization/philanthropy;
- Acquire a deeper understanding of the role philanthropic organizations play in promoting and advancing social justice and human rights;
- Develop and strengthen personal and professional skills in a workplace committed to the advancement of human rights.
- hourly position ($18/hour);
- flexible time schedule;
- weekly lunch series featuring Wellspring staff and expert outside speakers;
- opportunities to network with leading foundation staff through meetings, affinity group conferences, and events with other interns.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The team member may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
About Wellspring Philanthropic Fund
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund is a private grantmaking foundation dedicated to advancing the realization of human rights and social and economic justice for all people. Wellspring has offices in New York, NY, and Washington, DC. Wellspring’s work is rooted in respect for the dignity and worth of every human being and is informed by the following beliefs:
- Social institutions and structures should promote the full realization of human rights and human potential, and should be accountable to these ends.
- The rights of all people are advanced when the rights of the most marginalized and vulnerable peoples are protected.
- Social justice movements should employ means that are consistent with their ideals, and should give agency to the people whose interests they seek to advance.
- As responsible stewards, we must strive to maximize the impact of our charitable investments.
As a private foundation, Wellspring’s key functions are to conduct research and education tailored to our mission; manage a grantmaking portfolio of various programs, administer grants and monitoring grantee performance; and work to promote the effectiveness of programs that receive donor funding.
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund believes we are strengthened by the diversity of our staff, and welcomes such diversity including race, gender identity or expression, educational attainment, disability, veteran status, and personal experience with the criminal justice system. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and we strongly encourage people of color and persons with disabilities to apply.
Wellspring hires, promotes and retains employees based on their professional qualifications, demonstrated abilities and work performance, as well as on the degree to which these qualities are required in the employment positions made available by the Foundation’s service needs and business requirements. All personnel decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, discipline and discharge, are made without discrimination based on any protected characteristic as defined by law (e.g., race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, domestic partner status, veteran or military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, and prior criminal convictions, as well as educational attainment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications should demonstrate strong research and writing talents, excellent communication skills and the ability to independently undertake various research, writing and administrative projects.
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Intern, HR Admin” in the subject line, and attach the following documents:
- a cover letter with a brief personal statement, and an outline of career goals and interests in human rights and social justice, as well as a note on your expected weekly availability in the Spring.
- a resume listing relevant courses, previous experience and special skills,
- one academic or professional reference; no personal references will be accepted, and
- Complete applications must be received, not postmarked, by the deadline, November 9th, 2018.
- The duration of this internship will be: December 10th, 2018 - May 25th, 2019 (flexible).
- No phone calls, please.