Reports to Information Technology Manager
Location New York, NY
Status Full Time: August 15 2017 – December 31 2017 FLSA Status (OT eligibility) Non-Exempt
This four-and-a-half-month contract position is for a Help Desk consultant for Wellspring Advisor’s New York City office. The Help Desk consultant is responsible for providing comprehensive technological support to a diverse and highly mobile professional work force, with main offices in New York and DC, as well as field-based staff in East Africa. The right individual for this position will be meticulous, forward thinking, highly motivated, and thrive on helping others succeed with technology.
The Help Desk consultant, in conjunction with the New York based Information Technology Manager, is responsible for supporting and proactively maintaining the day-to-day infrastructure of a state-of-the- art office environment, including responding to both remote and hands-on Help Desk-related tasks.
In addition, day to day responsibilities will include deploying and maintaining computer hardware, software, mobile devices, managing IT assets, promoting IT policy and security practices, and training and assisting staff with the use of new systems or technologies. The Help Desk consultant will also maintain and develop the company intranet, leveraging the capabilities of SharePoint to create workflow and knowledge management efficiencies.
The Help Desk consultant will have a comprehensive command of current technology standards along with outstanding credentials of achievement in a technology related field. The successful candidate will have strong written and oral communication skills as well as the technical skills necessary to effectively develop and deliver successful solutions with both passion and clarity. S/he will establish relationships with employees and key internal and external stakeholders to ensure production and delivery of the highest-quality technology solutions with the greatest achievable efficiency.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Dedicated to our philanthropic mission, and has a personal commitment to the ideals that we foster as an organization
- Smart, friendly, and dedicated to providing the highest level of customer service.
- Able to operate effectively within a globally dispersed, complex, highly collaborative organization.
- Capable of communicating technical information to nontechnical audience effectively.
- Thoughtful in assessing the need for improving IT and adept at presenting a business case for change to upper management.
- Understand the effectiveness of a collaborative IT environment and willing to engage the team on any projects or research that align with the organization’s goals.
- Able to support all internal Information and Communications technology systems and respond to users’ needs both proactively and reactively in a timely manner.
- Highly adaptable and can think strategically and creatively in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Comfortable with working independently in an unstructured, dynamic environment while managing competing projects and priorities.
- Can quickly identify, research, and resolve technical problems by leveraging the use of approved resources.
- Concrete knowledge of modern computer networking technologies
- Capable of seamlessly multi-tasking with minimal supervision
- Able to handle confidential client information with complete discretion.
- Fluent in Windows, Office, iOS, and cloud technologies
- Versed in VMware and supporting/configuring virtual servers.
- Exceptionally patient and outgoing, meticulous and organized.
- Understands the importance of promoting the company's information security policies and procedures
- College degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- IT certifications such as ITIL, A+, MCSA, CISSP and/or PMP preferred
- Two or more years of experience managing and supporting a Microsoft Windows environment (Servers, Desktop, and Office 365) including iOS product integration.
- Work in the nonprofit and philanthropic sector highly desirable; a commitment to issues relating to human rights and social justice required.
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft SharePoint design, workflows and administration is highly preferred.
- Experience with cloud-managed network and mobile device management platforms.
- Experience managing and supporting cloud based identity management systems.
- Experience supporting enterprise level video conferencing systems – knowledge of Polycom room systems, Crestron and Bluejeans a plus.
- Knowledge of PowerShell, Active Directory, Group Policy and administration of Office 365 a plus.
- Experience developing and implementing end user trainings preferred.
- Experience developing trainings on security awareness and emailing phishing education scenarios
- Experience supporting grant management applications
- Experience delivering technology for an organization with staff who travel frequently, including to remote locations with limited IT resources and internet bandwidth
- Proven track record managing IT projects and vendors
- Able to stoop, bend, and carry moderately heavy objects such as computers and peripherals, and stoop or climb as needed to occasionally inspect cables in flooring and ceilings
- Have reasonable dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- $18.00 to $22.00 per hour depending on experience.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The team member may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
HOW TO APPLY:
For employment consideration, please submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line: “[Your name] – Help Desk Consultant.” All applications must include:
- A Résumé
- A thoughtful cover letter, including how you became aware of this opportunity (i.e., job portal, referral, etc.)
No phone calls please.
NOTE: At this time our preference is that applicants have work authorization to work in the United States. If you need sponsorship, please let us know in your cover letter.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS AUGUST 31, 2017.
About the Organization
Established in 2001, Wellspring is a private philanthropic consulting firm that coordinates grant making programs that advance the realization of human rights and social and economic justice for all people. Wellspring has offices in New York, NY, and Washington, DC.
Wellspring’s work is rooted in respect for the dignity and worth of every human being and is informed by the following beliefs:
- Social institutions and structures should promote the full realization of human rights and human potential, and should be accountable to these ends.
- The rights of all people are advanced when the rights of the most marginalized and vulnerable peoples are protected.
- Social justice movements should employ means that are consistent with their ideals, and should give agency to the people whose interests they seek to advance.
- As responsible stewards, we must strive to maximize the impact of our charitable investments.
The firm’s services include: working with donors to develop, implement and administer giving programs that meet their philanthropic goals; conducting research and education tailored to the interests of our donors; managing programs, administering grants and monitoring grantee performance; and working to promote the effectiveness of programs that receive donor funding.
Wellspring Advisors, LLC, hires, promotes and retains employees based on their professional qualifications, demonstrated abilities and work performance, as well as on the degree to which these qualities are required in the employment positions made available by the Firm’s service needs and business requirements. Wellspring welcomes candidates with diverse experience backgrounds and strongly encourages people of color to apply.
All personnel decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, discipline and discharge, are made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital or familial status, domestic partner status, veteran or military status, sex, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law (each a “protected characteristic”). This policy also bans discriminatory harassment. Qualified candidates for employment having records of arrest or criminal conviction will be considered.