We are a national, multi-disciplinary consulting firm that delivers a full range of research, consulting, training, technology and analytics services. We combine subject matter expertise with industry experience to help public, private, and nonprofit organizations achieve lasting results. We partner with our clients to identify their most critical challenges, offer expert advice, and deliver real-world solutions that transform business and society. BCT is a minority-owned and operated, small disadvantaged business enterprise and one of the leading firms in the country with expertise in the following industries: housing and community development, economic development, workforce development, health, children and families, pharmaceuticals and life sciences, education, diversity and inclusion, and energy.
We invite and welcome to our team people who share our values and goals; those with a passion for making the world a better place, who see strength in our diversity, seek equal opportunity access for all communities and are motivated to create a more equitable and just society. We appreciate the knowledge, abilities, and ideas of each individual and embrace his/her/their positive contributions to our collaborative and dynamic work environment.
This position supports BCT’s client, the US Department of Human Services, Administration of Children and Families (ACF), Office of Head Start (OHS). OHS’ mission is to promote school readiness by enhancing the social and cognitive development of low-income children through health, educational, nutritional, social, and other services, as necessary. The Head Start Regional Office is the funding agency to grantees that provide Head Start (HS) and Early Head Start (EHS) services to pregnant women and children from birth to age 5. OHS provides oversight of these grantees through monitoring and technical assistance, often with the support of partners like BCT. BCT takes great pride in supporting our clients: the OHS Regional Office, its grantees and the communities they serve.
The Grants Support Specialist provides fiscal and information management support to our Clients. This includes performing financial operations, fiscal analyses, support budget and grants tracking, data management, records management, and report creation, all while following and meeting federal grant guidelines and requirements. He/she/they will be a critical thinker with outstanding attention to details and an eye towards process improvement.
- Ensure timely review of grant applications, finalize memos and decision letters, and maintain tracking database. Conduct basic review of audit reports, financial statements and budget worksheets.
- Perform fiscal analysis of Federal financial reports.
- Assist with tracking overall fiscal/budget plan, financial reports and timelines, tracking certified grants and monitoring of funding levels.
- Assist in verifying that grant files are complete to facilitate financial closeout process and provide support for all grant closeout activities.
- Administrative duties including data entry, and records management related to fiscal tasks.
- Research statutes, legislation, regulations and directives that govern the financial aspects of a government grant-funded program.
- Apply knowledge of financial operations and federal grant guidelines to identify, suggest and implement improvements that support more efficient processes.
Perform other reasonable tasks as assigned by management in support of BCT’s goals and objectives.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
A successful candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related fields from an accredited university or college.
- At least 3 years of professional experience, including information management, data management and/or accounting/financial operations experience.
- Experience aggregating, analyzing, charting, graphing and reporting on and presenting data gathered from multiple sources.
- Knowledge of the federal grant guidelines and the Federal Grant Life Cycle are desired.
- Strong organizational, administrative and project coordination skills, and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Knowledge and experience with Head Start/Early Head Start or other early childhood programs or working within a Head Start program is a plus.
- Experience in a non-profit, social service or government consulting environment also a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to collaborate and build relationships with staff, clients, remote colleagues and supervisors, and others.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and orally), exercise sound judgment, ask questions and be open to the input and decisions of others.
- Able to, both independently and collaboratively, solve problems, make decisions and support change.
- Computer, Internet and general proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint; advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel is required.
Please apply online here: https://www.bctpartners.com/careers