About College & Community Fellowship
College & Community Fellowship (CCF) enables women with criminal justice involvement to earn their college degrees so that they, their families, and their communities can thrive. We advocate for equity and opportunity for the communities we serve.
CCF was one of the first organizations working at the intersection of higher education, criminal justice, and women’s issues. Our programs include College & Career (Peer Mentoring, Academic Support, and Career Advancement), Policy & Advocacy, and THRIVE Technical Assistance. To learn more visit www.collegeandcommunity.org
The grants manager is responsible for supporting the Development Department in raising $2.8 million+ from a combination of foundation and government grants. To effectively do this job, the Grants Manager will need to build and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with the program and policy teams and stay up-to-date on program activities, events, and the field as a whole. This position will also work very closely with the finance team.
- Research and write comprehensive and persuasive letters of inquiries, grants proposals, acknowledgment letters, and reports.
- Develop and maintain an active prospect list to support existing funding needs and new programming priorities.
- Manage relationships with select funders.
- Manage timelines and work closely with staff to ensure grants submissions meet all requirements; this includes the collection and organization of all supplemental materials.
- Work closely with the Director of Development, Deputy Executive Director, and finance team on budget preparation, fiscal compliance, strategies to maximize use of funds, and invoicing.
- Monitor all government channels (e.g., Grants Gateway) to ensure our records are always up-to-date and all online rating agencies (e.g., Guidestar).
- Responsible for maintaining all grant files in Salesforces and running regular reports in support of quarterly board reports, annual fundraising plan, etc.
- Provide support for the development of colleterial materials that demonstrate organizational/program accomplishments and impact including, the annual report.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 4 years creative grant-writing/fundraising experience with demonstrated success managing multi-year grants and renewals required.
- Experience managing government contracts – proposal development and submission, budgeting, etc. highly desirable.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Must be detailed-oriented
- Collaborative team-player who thrives in diverse work environments
- Self-starter requiring minimal direct supervision
- Experience with Salesforce highly desirable
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample (no more than two pages) to Lisa Yankowski, Director of Development at email@example.com. Subject line: “Last Name, First Name, Grants Manager”
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Position open until filled.
CCF offers a comprehensive compensation package. Salary commensurate with experience.
CCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with criminal justice histories are encouraged to apply.