About TCC Group
TCC Group collaborates with leaders to solve complex social problems. As a mission-driven consulting firm and certified B Corporation, TCC Group partners with foundations, nonprofits, and companies to propel positive social change through strategy, capacity building, initiative design, strategic communication, management, and evaluation. We design and implement solutions for social impact by immersing ourselves in interconnected communities and systems, co-creating innovative and effective processes, and applying and sharing our experience with the field.
TCC Group is built on the commitment and experience of our people. We are a diverse group of inspired problem-solvers—committed to collaborative learning and our collective contribution to building an effective social sector. People come here to make an impact, and we seek engaged, driven, and inspired individuals to join our team.
At TCC Group you have the opportunity to develop new skills, gain new experiences, and grow as we learn from each other. You will put your expertise, energy, and creativity to work in the service of doing good.
About TCC Group’s Integrated Initiatives Team
The Integrated Initiatives Team at TCC Group tackle complex social problems by strategic design, continuous learning, and cohesive implementation. We help nonprofits, companies, and foundations achieve their goals using bold approaches responsive to community and funder needs.
About the Position
TCC is currently seeking an energetic self-starter with a curious mind and a collaborative spirit to join the Integrated Initiatives team as a full-time Grants and Systems Manager ordinarily based in our New York City Office but subject to change as the COVID-19 situation evolves. We offer a competitive and equitable compensation package with the goal of attracting and retaining exceptional people. We also offer a generous benefits package including health insurance, generous paid time off, a 401k retirement plan with employer match, disability and life insurance, and more.
The Grants and Systems Manager will help lead the Grants Management team and will be responsible for contributing to the program design, management and implementation services we provide our clients, including managing multi-million dollars grants programs through their lifecycle, strategic grants management design, and business development.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Grants and Systems Manager will:
Grants Management across client projects (60%)
- Oversee and direct a small grants team in the implementation of multiple grantmaking programs
- Maintain and ensure proper grants management procedures are in place and consistently followed, including but not limited to due diligence procedures, grant reporting, award letters and grant agreements
- Negotiate and facilitate sensitive issues in the grant-making process using the utmost levels of discretion
- Develop and maintain productive and supportive relationships with grantees.
- Provide links between program, finance, information technology and other administrative staff so that all grants activities are smoothly implemented
- Continually monitor and update budgets, workplans and revenue projections for projects and project staff
- General client relations, including telephone and email communication, and in-person meetings
- Participate in face-to-face and online meetings by assisting with agenda-setting, facilitation, note-taking (on flip charts and/or electronically) and writing summaries of these notes
Systems Management (30%)
- Implement and maintain grants and program management software that follows clients’ work processes while balancing the needs of program and accounting staff and regulatory compliance; assuring integrity of data
- Master Fluxx builder – responsible for building, testing and updating grantee portals in Fluxx
- Evaluate systems technology use and client needs and recommend improvements in grant processes
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process
- Consult with external systems department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others to solicit cooperation and resolve problems
- Review and evaluate technical literature and other information concerning changes in systems technology
Business Development (10%)
- Assist in proposal-writing and sales calls with prospective clients
- Develop relationships with potential partners and clients at learning events, conferences, etc.
- General reading on issues and events in the practice areas
- Develop and execute discrete projects that advance business line and firm internal development (such as R&D, professional development, and information sharing)
- Manage prospective clients/leads in Deltek Database
Desired Skills and Background
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years professional experience along with an advanced degree OR 5-7 years related professional experience
- Mastery of grants management software preferably as Fluxx, and in designing grants systems and processes
- Project management superpowers
- Budget management experience
- Strong skills managing people, processes, and timeline
- Proven ability to track and manage several projects and processes simultaneously
- Knowledge/experience in health and/or social justice demonstrated through prior work experience and/or volunteer work
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
Habits of Work
- Ability to multitask and juggle competing priorities
- Ability to flex communication style to multiple cultural environments
- Creative and self-reflective
- Self-starter but collaborative, team player
- Skilled in being direct yet graceful, organized and planned yet adaptive, and thoughtful in a fast-paced environment.
Please submit a resume and cover letter for the “Grants and Systems Manager, Integrated Initiatives” position here.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
No telephone calls or emails, please.
TCC Group is an equal opportunity employer. Each position at the firm is filled by the best qualified applicant available. The firm does not discriminate against employees or applicants on any legally protected basis, including, but not limited to, race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran's status, age, or disability which does not interfere with an individual's ability to perform the essential functions of his or her job position with or without reasonable accommodation. The firm will provide equal opportunities in hiring, promotions, wages, benefits and other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. It is our policy to encourage promotion from among present employees, subject to the application of the best-qualified employee.