The Prospect Hill Foundation is a private, family foundation established in New York in 1959 by co-founders William S. Beinecke, President and Chairman of the Sperry and Hutchinson Company and his wife, Elizabeth G. Beinecke. Today, two generations of their descendants serve on the Foundation’s board and govern its activities.
The mission of The Prospect Hill Foundation is to advance the human experience while ensuring the well-being of the earth. The Foundation concluded its Year of Reflection on June 30, 2018. In fiscal year 2019, after a year of suspended grantmaking and introspection, a new youth program area is being developed that is being built on the Foundation’s past justice grantmaking. In addition, the Nuclear Disarmament & Nonproliferation funding program is continuing with new priorities. The Foundation is phasing out of its three previous program areas (Youth Justice, Reproductive Health & Justice and Oceans & Coastal Waters).
- Maintain FoundationConnect grants management system to track requests, payment schedules, reporting requirements, renewal schedules and generate reports as needed by Executive Director and Board.
- Process all expense, grant, matching gift, and scholarship payments using Peachtree accounting software.
- Draft grant notification letters, grant agreements, and declinations.
- Track incoming proposals and provide necessary assistance to Executive Director in obtaining required documentation and additional information to facilitate review.
- Prepare materials for Board and Committee meetings using BoardEffect; execute meeting arrangements.
Operations & Office Management
- Maintain records and files that adhere to legal, auditing and foundation requirements.
- Update budgets and assist with preparations for the PHF’s annual audit.
- Handle travel arrangements and maintain expense reports for the Executive Director.
- Maintain calendar and contacts; and manage scheduling.
- Order and track office supplies.
Communications & Event Planning
- Draft social media posts, video scripts, and other external communications related to PHF’s year of reflection and current grantmaking.
- Manage the annual report production and maintain the PHF website.
- Assist with special meetings, workshops and other event planning.
- Assist with all aspects related to the development and execution of PHF’s new youth program.
- Manage PHF’s internship program and supervise interns.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus seven years relevant office and/or nonprofit work experience.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with online databases.
- Facility with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel.
- Agility with technology and ability to quickly learn and use new platforms.
- Ability and comfort with working independently and taking initiative.
- Capacity to execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Comfort working in a small, formal setting.
- Sense of humor and commitment to excellence.
- Mission driven and takes pride in their work.
- Grants management experience with Salesforce.com/FoundationConnect strongly preferred.
- Facility with accounting software (such as Peachtree).
- Experience working with financials, accounts receivable/payable, invoices, etc.
- Experience working in a family office or family foundation setting a plus, but not necessary.
How to Apply
Applications, including cover letter and resume, should be sent to [email protected] by Friday, June 7. Calls regarding status of your candidacy will not be returned.
The Prospect Hill Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, equity & inclusion; and is committed to building a diverse team. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with