The Howard Gilman Foundation is a private foundation with a mission of supporting the performing arts in New York City. As part of an organizational expansion and the transition to a new grants management system, the Foundation is now seeking a Grants Administrator to work alongside its current eight-person team. The Grants Administrator, with guidance from the Grants Manager, will direct the Foundation’s grantmaking processes, working to ensure alignment of grantmaking with the Foundation’s mission and values.
A special focus of this position will be to support the Foundation’s launch of the new grants management system, Fluxx. The Grants Administrator will play an integral role in the restructuring of the Grants Team following that transition and the development of new staff-wide grantmaking procedures in accordance with the new GMS design.
The Howard Gilman Foundation offices are located in New York City, but the staff is currently working remotely; this position would begin working from home.
Specific duties include:
- Implementing the workflow for all Foundation grant processes in Fluxx (approximately $25M+ to over 350 grantees annually through 5 grant programs);
- Triaging Fluxx configuration issues from grantees and staff and actively working to maintain a clean configuration and user experience in Fluxx;
- Monitoring Fluxx’s releases and supporting the launch of new features to meet the evolving needs of staff and grantees;
- Conducting analysis of Foundation grantmaking and generating materials to present data related to Foundation goals and strategies to the staff and Board;
- Producing and sharing training and documentation focused around Fluxx to enable staff to use the grants management system to its full potential; and
- Working collaboratively with staff to refine Foundation procedures and policies and shape additional grantmaking programs.
- Deep knowledge of the grants management system Fluxx, specifically, and experience with data systems, data management, data validation, and information security, required.
- Two to four years’ experience in a grantmaking capacity, preferred.
- Familiarity with relational databases, form building, and/or data collection tools, preferred.
- Familiarity with APIs and middleware integration tools and/or front-end web technologies (HTML, CSS, Liquid code), bonus.
- The ability to communicate technical concepts effectively and create clear documentation and training materials, essential.
- The foresight to plan ahead and the flexibility to manage the unexpected.
- The desire to work collaboratively in a team-based environment.
- The capacity to think creatively and the courage to express strong, vital opinions.
The Howard Gilman Foundation is firmly committed to affirmative action and strongly encourages people of color, women, LGBTQ, elderly, and disabled candidates to apply.
Minimum starting salary is $95,000; salary range is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits, including 403b plan with 10% employer contribution.
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected]. Application deadline is September 21, 2020.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with