Fundraising Consultant (Major Gift Officer)
Are you passionate about empowering women and immigrants? Do you have demonstrated experience in the nonprofit development field in New York City?
We are seeking an experienced Fundraising Consultant to build New Women New Yorkers’ visibility, impact, and financial resources. In particular, s/he will responsible for identifying, initiating introductions, and building relationships with top prospective foundations, corporations, and individual donors.
An ideal candidate would have proven experience and success in securing major contributions from a variety of sources, and extensive knowledge of, and connections in, the NYC philanthropic community. S/he should possess strong communication and organizational skills, with the ability to work independently.
About New Women New Yorkers
New Women New Yorkers (NWNY) is a nonprofit organization empowering young women immigrants in New York City through workforce and leadership development and community-building programs. For more information, visit our website at www.nywomenimmigrants.org.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Work with CEO to initiate and build relationships with foundations, corporations, and individual donors, and secure funding.
- Identify prospective mid-level and high net worth donors in NYC.
- Develop list of top foundation and corporate prospects at the local and national level.
- Manage and track all donor information, and develop stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors.
- Assist CEO and NWNY volunteers in finding sponsors for special events throughout the year.
Requirements & desired skills and experience
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the nonprofit development field, and a proven record of securing major contributions from foundations, corporations, and additional sources; experience working for nonprofit(s) of similar scope and size as New Women New Yorkers is a plus.
- Registered as a professional fundraiser in NYS.
- Experience researching and securing gifts from individuals; access to high net worth databases and subscriptions to capacity research tools is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of, and connections in, the NYC philanthropic community.
- Proven experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
- High energy and passion for NWNY’s mission and goals is essential.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
Terms and conditions
The Fundraising Consultant will work 20 hours per month, with a flexible schedule, on an initial contract of 6 months. S/he will report to, and work closely with, New Women New Yorkers’ Chief Executive Officer.
Most of the work will be carried remotely, with bi-monthly meetings with the Chief Executive Officer at New Women New Yorkers’ office at the Centre for Social Innovation in Chelsea.
At the end of the 6-month contract, achievements will be reviewed with the possibility of extension if the approach has been successful and sustainable.
Apply by March 1
Contact: Arielle, Executive Director, at [email protected]
Send your resume and write a brief cover email with the title “Fundraising Consultant” describing your background and experience, and explaining why you’re applying for this position at New Women New Yorkers (NWNY).
Be the first to comment
Sign in with