We are seeking a team player and motivated self-starter to work in partnership with and support the Executive Director in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. As a growing organization, we need someone who can wear many hats, work independently and is ready to jump into the behind-the-scenes effort that makes the magic happen. An understanding of dismantling racism work and trauma-informed care is key.
- Manage Executive Director's complex and dynamic calendar by scheduling all internal and external meetings and travel.
- Conserve Executive Director's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; and collecting and analyzing information.
- Write, compile, and copy-edit external communications for the Executive Director, including show invites, thank yous, press releases, pitch letters, corporate decks, and PowerPoints for board presentations.
- Represent Girl Be Heard to potential funders, partners, and company members at GBH events and help manage event staff, set-up, check-in, tabling, and breakdown of material.
- Initiate, compile, analyze, and prepare special reports including companywide metric reports. Manage sensitive and confidential information with discretion. Input and manage data in our Salesforce system, especially regarding the activities of the Executive Director, major donors, and other key stakeholders.
- Support the external communications team, ensuring the GBH website has the most up-to-date information; and support contact management—including uploading new contacts, sending e-mail blasts, and managing event profiles, etc.
- Help prepare collateral for GBH and events and leverage GBH’s social media presence by posting photos and updates on GBH programming and engaging with funders, partners, and high-profile supporters online.
- Welcome guests and visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, and answering or directing inquiries. Assist with the maintenance of office literature and ensure the office is an organized and inviting space.
- Interest in and understanding of civil and human rights issues affecting girls locally and globally.
- Highly collaborative, flexible, responsive, thoughtful, fun-loving, and kind.
- BA or BS is required.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Proactive, with the ability to anticipate needs and requests of the Executive Director.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Dropbox, and social media platforms. Salesforce knowledge a plus.
- Ability to advance projects, work independently, manage time efficiently and adhere to deadlines.
- Commitment to peace-building, intersectional feminism and dismantling racism.
Girl Be Heard develops, amplifies, and celebrates the voices of young women through socially conscious theatre-making. We bring global issues affecting girls center stage by creating cutting-edge, cause-related theatre – inspired, written and performed by girls (12-21) – that is thought-provoking and actionable. Our shows give voice to issues that girls care about most (such as bullying, body image, and self harm). Our company also takes on global issues affecting girls worldwide such as sex trafficking, forced child marriage, and gender-based violence; and regularly performs our acclaimed shows at the United Nations, TED conferences, and The White House.
Girl Be Heard’s education curriculum encourages young women to think critically about social justice, challenge stereotypes, foster friendships, and build tools for bringing about positive change in their communities. Our programs are housed in 17 sites in NYC (12 Title schools, 3 detention centers, one church, and a community center). We also launched the first program abroad in Trinidad and Tobago this year.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, but priority will be given to those received by August 30th, 2017.
Compensation: Full‐time, commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, transit subsidy, paid vacation, personal days, and holidays.
How to apply: Send cover letter, resume, list of 3 references, and salary requirements and/or history to [email protected] Include “EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT SEARCH – (your name)” in the subject line.
Girl Be Heard’s main office is located in the DUMBO area of Brooklyn. The Executive Assistant will report directly to the Executive Director.
Girl Be Heard is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity or expression, color, national origin, ability, ethnicity, sex, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. Girl Be Heard seeks a broad spectrum of employees and is strongly committed to a diverse and equitable work environment. People of all backgrounds, abilities, gender expressions, ethnicities, races, sexual orientations, religions, and nationalities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our offices are air-conditioned and located in wheelchair accessible buildings.
Learn more about Girl Be Heard by visiting girlbeheard.org.