TCC Group is currently seeking an energetic self-starter with a collaborative spirit to join our team as a full-time Evaluation Consultant in our New York or Philadelphia Office.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is interested in helping organizations achieve greater social impact to join our Evaluation and Learning Team. We provide evaluation and learning services across the social sector to our philanthropic, nonprofit, and corporate clients.
The Evaluation Consultant will be responsible for designing, managing, and conducting evaluations for our clients under the direction of senior team members. The Evaluation Consultant will work primarily as part of the Evaluation and Learning Team, and will support project work across the firm as needed. As our client engagements vary in terms of depth, length of engagement, and type of evaluation services needed, the Evaluation Consultant must have good organizational and project management skills.
This is an ideal position for an individual who is:
- Customer-service focused, approachable, collaborative, and adaptive in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical with the ability to synthesize multiple streams of information (qualitative and quantitative)
- Able to prioritize and juggle competing priorities.
- Relationship-oriented with a track record of building rapport with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Adept at collecting data from multiple sources using various methods of collection.
- Interested in learning about and researching new issues and topic areas.
- An excellent communicator, both orally and written.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Curious, compassionate, and willing to take initiative.
Who We Are
TCC Group collaborates with leaders to solve complex social problems. As a mission-driven consulting firm and certified B Corporation, TCC Group partners with foundations, nonprofits, and companies to propel positive social change through strategy, capacity building, initiative design, strategic communication, management, and evaluation. We design and implement solutions for social impact by immersing ourselves in interconnected communities and systems, co-creating innovative and effective processes, and applying and sharing our experience with the field.
At TCC Group, the services of our Evaluation and Learning Team help our philanthropic, nonprofit, and corporate partners inform decision making, enhance capacity and effectiveness, and improve programs which leads to a greater social impact. At TCC Group, learning defines our philosophy and approach to evaluation. We believe the real value of evaluation is in its deliberate use. Based on our extensive experience and diverse backgrounds, we are able to understand the unique challenges and opportunities in the broad social sector and confronting our specific clients.
TCC Group is built on the commitment and experience of our people. We are a diverse group of inspired problem-solvers—committed to collaborative learning and our collective contribution to building an effective social sector. People come here to make an impact, and we seek engaged, driven, and inspired individuals to join our team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Evaluation Consultant will:
Implement evaluation activities
- Work with clients to develop meaningful evaluation questions, methods, and reporting approaches.
- Design and implement quantitative (surveys, etc.) and qualitative (interview protocols, focus group guides, etc.) research tools for data collection.
- Collect data, including conducting interviews, focus groups, and administering surveys and questionnaires.
- Conduct detailed analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Develop clear and well-written evaluation findings and data-grounded recommendations through reports and other project deliverables.
- Provide evaluation technical assistance and training to client organizations.
Provide day-to-day project management
- Develop and monitor project budgets and work plans.
- Ensure efficient, accurate and timely completion of tasks.
- Manage client relationships including needs and expectations.
- Maintain regular contact and communication with clients.
- Assist in management and quality control for the entire portfolio of evaluation projects.
- Collaboratively identify project needs and/or challenges, and work with the team to resolve them.
- Interface with the Project Lead and other project team member to ensure coordination, production of products, and efficient collaboration among team members.
- Facilitate meetings with clients, staff, and other stakeholders.
Engage in Marketing and Thought Leadership
- Participate in marketing and sales efforts as needed, including attending meetings with prospective clients, drafting proposals, assisting in preparation of firm marketing materials, and working to implement marketing strategies.
- Thoughtfully contribute to the evaluation field through articles, presentations, workshops, blogposts, social media engagement, etc.
Desired Skills and Background
Education and Experience
- A graduate degree and/or applied experience equivalent.
- Advanced skills using MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Proficient with statistical analysis software (preferably SPSS).
- Experience conducting mixed-methods analysis including quantitative inferential analysis and/or method-grounded qualitative data analysis.
- Experience conducting interviews and capturing comprehensive notes related to the content of interviews for future analysis.
- Experience with facilitating logic model processes with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of equity and diversity considerations in evaluation approaches.
- Basic knowledge of the evaluation field; formal training in evaluation/research design and methodology preferred.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Able to travel to support client projects.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Intermediate to advanced data visualization skills and knowledge of relevant software such as Tableau, GIS, social network mapping, etc.
- Familiarity with the social sector (nonprofit and/or philanthropy).
- Familiarity with design-thinking principles.
- Previous experience in consulting or in client-facing roles.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter for the “Evaluation Consultant” position at https://bit.ly/2MH359c.
TCC Group offers a competitive and equitable compensation package with the goal of attracting and retaining exceptional people. Our comprehensive benefits package includes health insurance, 401k retirement plan with employer match, disability, life insurance, generous paid time off, and more.
No telephone calls or emails, please.
TCC Group is an equal opportunity employer. Each position at the firm is filled by the best qualified applicant available. The firm does not discriminate against employees or applicants on any legally protected basis, including, but not limited to, race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran's status, age, or disability which does not interfere with an individual's ability to perform the essential functions of his or her job position with or without reasonable accommodation. The firm will provide equal opportunities in hiring, promotions, wages, benefits and other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. It is our policy to encourage promotion from among present employees, subject to the application of the best-qualified employee.