This year EPIP DC is launching a series of group discussions around social justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion issues as it pertains to both work and our everyday lives. Discussions will cover a wide variety of topics, books, articles, and current events. These events are meant to be open space for authentic dialogue and discovery, while providing you with the opportunity to engage with your colleagues in a different way. EPIP members, if you would like to lead a Discussion Circle or have an idea for a discussion topic, please email [email protected] and put "Discussion Circle" in the subject line.
Our first Discussion Circle will discuss how representation and the lack thereof affects our interactions with others. Please check out the following to get your mind going…
- Thinking Critically About Problematic Media: A Basic How-To Guide
- Why Are Characters White by Default? | Justin Dennis
- #BLACKOSCARBAIT: ON THE IMPORTANCE OF CASTING
- Why We Need Better Representation of Asian Women (Explained in Terms of Harry Potter!)
- 7 Trans Media Tropes That Need to Stop
Come prepared with an open mind and plenty of questions, we look forward to seeing you!
901 G St NW
Washington, DC 20001
Google map and directions