EPIP DC is seeking candidates for the 2021 term of the Steering Committee, the chapter’s leadership team. We’re looking for motivated individuals who bring a passion for our mission and diverse perspectives, ages, experiences, and skills to the committee. The Steering Committee is led by 10-12 EPIP members in the Greater Washington region who set the strategic direction, lead programs, and manage the operations of the chapter in service of more than 200 local members.
No doubt 2021 is looking to be an exciting year for the Chapter as we expand our strategy, partnerships, and programming. Through serving on the Steering Committee, you’ll have the opportunity to help shape the local philanthropic sector, develop yourself as a leader, and guide others as they become agents for change both in their institutions and the community.
Duties of a Steering Committee member may include:
- Attend EPIP chapter events and encourage attendance among colleagues and EPIP members
- Engage members and potential members during events and other occasions to highlight our accessibility and to get to know more about our members
- Plan or otherwise provide significant leadership for at least one event per year
- Represent EPIP DC and EPIP National
- Seek out and build relationships with other groups and leaders in the field
- Volunteer to assist with communications, membership, and programs as necessary
- Provide content for monthly newsletters and chapter blog and promote EPIP presence on Twitter
Steering Committee positions are open to anyone eligible for EPIP membership in the Greater Washington D.C. region. Steering Committee members must maintain active EPIP membership throughout their tenure.
Steering Committee terms are January 1 to December 31. Steering Committee members are elected to a two-year term that is renewable for an additional third year.
We find the time commitment to average about 5-7 hours a month, depending on your position, with a planning retreat at the start of each year. All Steering Committee members are expected to participate in EPIP DC Steering Committee meetings (1.5 hours) in person or by phone and most programming events.
Deadline extended! Apply to become a Steering Committee member by Friday, October 9. If you have questions about the application please email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Because of COVID-19, all EPIP DC meetings and programs will be virtual until late 2021*